PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC 30 frozen suspension

sospd
06-18-2011, 03:23 PM
In order to replace a drive motor hydraulic line with a small cut, I tried to slide the track out and found rear link froze. Grease goes in but still won't pivot or slide out. Tried porta power and heat but still won't slide. Front link slides easy.

Thought I might leave both front and rear retaining bolts a little loose and use machine to see if it pops loose. Is this a good idea or any suggestions??

Thanks

Bill

Bertco
06-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Hi I know with mine if I dont pull the frame evenly it is hard to get off,and i grease every day regardless of how many hours I do.

sospd
06-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi I know with mine if I dont pull the frame evenly it is hard to get off,and i grease every day regardless of how many hours I do.

I took the the zert out and squirting penetrating oil in it for a few more days than I'll try to pull evenly and see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

swanny
06-21-2011, 07:25 AM
In order to replace a drive motor hydraulic line with a small cut, I tried to slide the track out and found rear link froze. Grease goes in but still won't pivot or slide out. Tried porta power and heat but still won't slide. Front link slides easy.

Thought I might leave both front and rear retaining bolts a little loose and use machine to see if it pops loose. Is this a good idea or any suggestions??

Thanks

Bill

4 or 10 ton porta-power and what attachment was on it?

sospd
06-23-2011, 01:03 AM
4 or 10 ton porta-power and what attachment was on it?

I used a 4 ton with the wedge attachment.
Posted via Mobile Device

swanny
06-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I think I used a 10 ton with a short ram on one that was very frozen. Those gator jaws don't have much pushing force.

sospd
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the input, I will switch to ram attachment today after work and try again.

kgserv
06-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Believe it or not i think mine could lift more when the front was frozen