PDA

View Full Version : What do you enjoy most about your work?

YardGal
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM
What makes you love what you do? Being outdoors? Working with people? The machines?

Tell us why you love your work....

LoweJ82
06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
#1 collecting the check.
#2 making a ugly mess something nice to look at.
#3 running the equipment

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
06-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Looking as good as I do because of all the hard labor after 20 yrs!!! Flexible hrs ( business owner) . And just looking back at the before pics!!! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

YardGal
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Excellent..maybe you could develop the 'landscaper's workout"?

White Gardens
06-25-2011, 08:53 AM
My favorite aspect is solving problems that the homeowners have with their landscape. Water is the biggest issue and I've helped alleviate water issues around their foundation and their basements.

Second, satisfying "Picky" customers. I get some customers who just aren't sure what they want. Even if the process is more drawn out, or it takes a bit of extra leg work to satisfy this group of people, it's still worth it in the end. These are the type of people who actually know they are picky and will apologize for it during the process.

After that, it the feedback I get from my customers. If it wasn't for all the positive comments from my customers, I might have quit a long time ago.

And thanks YardGal. I know you are doing what you can to promote the New Holland contest, but ultimately the Landscaping section of LS has been pretty much a ghost town after they changed it to the Landscape Installation and Design section.

So thanks for trying to get more interest in the Landscaping section. Thumbs Up

YardGal
06-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks White Gardens! Rock on.

"YardGal" & Your friends at New Holland
http://www.lawnsite.com/extremedream2011
Enter to win a New Holland L218 Skid Steer!

punt66
06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
going home to my girls is my favorite part of the day. Everything else is just a job.

Karmascapes
06-28-2011, 01:28 AM
A lot of people tell me its my stubborn irishman background, but I truly love building things with rocks. I love rocks
And I can openly admit that front of my wife b/c she already believes I'm crazy. I'm not like a lot of the other guys on here, I've been afforded an opportunity to where I wouldn't work if I didn't want to. I enjoy being outside and like yall said earlier, helping customers with their problems is always satisfying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
06-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Creating beautiful landscapes, turning crap into beauty, not having enough time in the day vs watching the clock tick.
Posted via Mobile Device

YardGal
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
I love rocks
And I can openly admit that front of my wife b/c she already believes I'm crazy. Posted via Mobile Device

I think that's great! Rock on Karmascapes!

AGLA
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't think anything beats the feeling you get when you make a client very happy. Getting paid is good, but I get paid for what I do no matter if the client is thrilled or not. I think I'm right there with White Gardens on what I like best.

I just got that last night in a meeting with a client who lives in Asia, but bought a house here on the Cape (they are American). I met him last year on site, did a design sending him pdfs during the winter, and a very good contractor built it this spring - they just flew in and saw it for the first time. That is more dramatic than usual, so it was very rewarding.

YardGal
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't think anything beats the feeling you get when you make a client very happy. Getting paid is good, but I get paid for what I do no matter if the client is thrilled or not. I think I'm right there with White Gardens on what I like best.

I just got that last night in a meeting with a client who lives in Asia, but bought a house here on the Cape (they are American). I met him last year on site, did a design sending him pdfs during the winter, and a very good contractor built it this spring - they just flew in and saw it for the first time. That is more dramatic than usual, so it was very rewarding.

Wow - that is so cool! You need to share photos!!