PDA

View Full Version : More on Leaves

Mow&Snow
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
I have been trying to figure out a way to use my new Kabota tractor on leaf removal this year. It just seems like there aught to ba a way to take advantage of owning this thing. But so far I have had no luck.

mdb landscaping
10-17-2002, 09:03 PM
if it has a rear pto, you could slap an agri fab pto blower on the back. that could blow some serious leaves.

Mow&Snow
10-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Ya but blow them to where? Around here I need to remove from the site on most jobs.....

KLMlawn
10-17-2002, 09:13 PM
blow them all to the curb, or use the mowers to pick them up and mulch them a bit and use that to load them onto the truck instead of a leaf loader ... just like the towns used too

mdb landscaping
10-17-2002, 09:14 PM
go to www.trac-vac.com. if you scroll down to pto vacs, they make a trailer unit for kubota. im not sure if it fits your model, but check it out. this is assuming you have a mower deck for your machine.

cantoo
10-18-2002, 12:20 AM
I just bought this last week. I already have a 3 point hitch Kubota leaf blower that I bought used for Can$200 at a sale. I doubt if I will use it on customers properties for leaves, we are the same as you we haul most leaves away. We will use it for our mixing compost pile and for snow at home. Just too big to move around.

Nebraska
10-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Use the tractor to take out the trees; that will alleviate the leaf problem for years to come!

Guido
10-18-2002, 02:54 AM
a truck leaf loader, bring all the leaves and dump them, and use the tractor to "work" the pile until you have compost. Use the tractor again to load the compost onto your truck to sell it back to the customer.

Mow&Snow
10-18-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Nebraska
Use the tractor to take out the trees; that will alleviate the leaf problem for years to come!

Just something that u seem to have missed. I LIKE leaves. They make me tons of cash. If I rip out all the trees....

Gravely_Man
10-18-2002, 02:00 PM
You have one heck of a machine to load the leaves onto a truck and spread the leaves out at the compositing site. Guido is right on track of making compost from the leaves that you are paid to remove and then selling them back to the people that you removed them from in the first place.

Gravely_Man

baddboygeorge
10-18-2002, 03:14 PM
listen i dont know how much leaf work you do but that tractor would make a great leaf plow an what i mean by that is build an open box for that tractor an push the leaves after you have them in piles to where you need them i do alot of leaf work an leaves are big $$$$$$$$$ my strategy is backpacks around beds an house once leaves are out where you can work walk blowers until you get them where you need them are tnhat you can't push them anymore with the walk blowers then that is where that tractor comes in hand push leaves to truck an then continue to blow again its works great . i push em with my ztr's with boxes on the front of themwhen i get done i have had piles 100 feet long by 8 feet wide an 4-5 feet deep all leaves ,have funn