PDA

View Full Version : Stander stuck at full throttle

Brizjuan10
06-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I have a Wright Stander with an 18HP Kawasaki engine and it is stuck on full throttle. Whether the lever is all the way down or all the way up. Is the throttle cable just stretched? I have cleaned the carb and air filter...Put in brand new gas... Is there anything i should be pin pointing?

punt66
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
did you look at the carb to see if the throttle is moving when you move the lever?

WJC
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I agree, look at the throttle plate below the carb to see if anything moves when you move the throttle. If nothing moves then youre cable could be broke. If it does move then you're governor might not be working.

UfoPilot
06-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Could be the little clip on the end of the cable came loose.

WrightCommercial
06-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Brizjuan10,

Check to make sure both ends of the throttle cable are intact, we have seen some ends on the cables snap. Make sure the hold for the throttle cable at the throttle plate is tight, if loose it will allow the cable sleeve to move instead of the cable. And like above verify that the throttle lever is moving when the cable is moved.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Brizjuan10
06-21-2011, 01:10 PM
The throttle plate does move when you put the lever up or down... However nothing happens. Both ends seem to be intact. Please explain the possible governor issue....

WJC
06-21-2011, 05:34 PM
When the engine is not running the carb butterfly is springloaded to full throttle. Once the engine starts the governor pulls the butterfly back to whatever throttle setting has been selected.

Brizjuan10
06-21-2011, 09:57 PM
I am glad you told me that because I didnt know it remained wide open when the engine was off.... I tinkered with it a little before by cleaning the fuel system... It seems to have a little response to moving the lever... im gonna take another look at it tomorrow and mess with the idle screw again to see if I can idle it down.. Thanks all for everything so far...