PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a leaf gobbler?

ranger520
10-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone uses the leaf gobbler and how well they work?

mdb landscaping
10-17-2002, 08:54 PM
i was thinking the same thing today. is it a whole different gobbler, or is it just the extension of the normal gobbler? i have the regular grass gobbler. can you just purchase the extension.

ranger520
10-18-2002, 12:31 AM
According to the website, The leaf gobbler will only fit on the Jumbo not the regular one.

Nebraska
10-18-2002, 12:45 AM
The leaf gobbler is just an extension to the grass gobbler that expands it's capacity by 50%.

ranger520
10-18-2002, 02:41 AM
Nebraska,

Do you use one of these yourself? If so what do think of the quality of them and how do they handle leaves?

mdb landscaping
10-18-2002, 07:31 AM
the grass gobbler works ok for its purpose. i usually only use it to go over a lawn, once ive blown all the leaves off and sucked up the piles. I just use it to get the remaining stragglers and trim the grass down nice and low for winter. if you want one to just go over and suck up leaves, then you will have to empty it every pass. the hopper is fairly heavy too, so that can be a hassle. If you need one for the purpose i stated, its great. i was just wondering about the leaf gobbler, cause i would like to not have to empty as often. by next year, ill probably purchase the exmark ultravac for my lazer anyway, so maybe ill just not purchase it this year.

sirsweatsalot
10-18-2002, 12:46 PM
stupid question but could you explain what a gobbler is? im totally clueless!

mdb landscaping
10-18-2002, 03:39 PM
http://alamia.com/dir/185.html

heres a pic of one. its just a metal catcher to pick up grass clippings.

sirsweatsalot
10-18-2002, 06:40 PM
oh ic well i use one of these and but i've never heard them called that before! but in my humble opinion they would really suck for leaves...heck they suck for grass!(and the word suck being used in the shiterm not good vac) i wouldn't was my time trying to suck leaves with something like that. i would put your money on a mower with a good grass pump or a lawn vac. oh as i remember i think track vac makes an attachment for walk behinds which is ment for really sucking leaves. its basically like a grass pump that shoots the leaves ect.. into a garbage pail on top of the deck... looks sweet but i've never tryed one.

KLMlawn
10-18-2002, 09:12 PM
The Grass Gobbler, and Leaf Gobbler extention are manufactured by Wright Manufacturing, the makers of the Standar and Sentar.
They are a good catcher for just about any walkbehind machine and have a niche in the ride on (ZTM) market as well. But by no means are they designed to handle large scale leaf clean-ups.
Actually Wright now has another much larger version of the jumbo Grass Gobbler with the Leaf Gobbler extention combined, it is called the Turbo - 10. They have redesigned it to include two additional "venturi" baffles which increase the airflow rate by up to 30% over the original Gobblers, in addition to the catcher itself holding almost 11 bushels of material. But this is more for the ZTM market due to the fact that it is rather large and a bit heavier overall as compared to the regular and jumbo Gobblers ... just more weight than you would really want hanging on the side of your walkbehind.

KLMlawn
10-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Sorry, my mistake ... the Turbo - 10 doesn't hold almost 11 bushels, it is 11 cubic feet ....

Shady Brook
10-19-2002, 12:16 AM
I have the leaf gobbler extension on my gobbler, and it works quite well for grass and leaves. Fills very full, much better then I expected. With grass, it weighs a ton, but leaves are just fine. I thought it was cheaper then going with some big expensive vac system. I don't pick up tons of leaves, I run over them first, then bag them, and I can take a pretty big portion of the leaves in short order this way. I think it is about 3/4 the size of a double bagger that fits on a Scag.

Jay