PDA

View Full Version : tandem axle trailers

unkownfl
06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Do your tires wear evenly? My rear tires are bald while the front are still 80%. I've checked all my measurements and it's all dead on square to the other axle. Only thing I can think of is the ZTR sits on the back while the walk behind is up front.

BJWLAWNCARE
06-22-2011, 12:00 AM
If the trailor is riding level this still happens? Rotate em before that happens to save on tires. If possible maybe the heaviest piece should be moved up to the front once in awhile although it is probably inconvienant. Good Luck.

Southside Lawn Services
06-23-2011, 11:12 PM
This is normal, someone else can explain.

South Florida Lawns
06-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Its tire scrub. When going around tight turns and corners the back tires will drag a bit side to side (scrub) and the sharper the turn the more scrub. Ever watch a semi make a sharp turn in town, they will leave tire marks on the road, same thing with your trailer. My tires last 3 months in the back, Get load range D radials, they outlast bias ply and its worth the extra $$.

Also avoid U-turns and swing wide with each turn you make, this will make your set of tires last.

unkownfl
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Its tire scrub. When going around tight turns and corners the back tires will drag a bit side to side (scrub) and the sharper the turn the more scrub. Ever watch a semi make a sharp turn in town, they will leave tire marks on the road, same thing with your trailer. My tires last 3 months in the back, Get load range D radials, they outlast bias ply and its worth the extra $$.

Also avoid U-turns and swing wide with each turn you make, this will make your set of tires last.

yea mine leave marks all the time. I never noticed this when I pulled bigger trailers for a living they wore more evenly. I guess it's these light duty trailer tires. I think ours were like 12ply.

South Florida Lawns
06-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I have gone through maybe 5 different brands of radial tires before I found decent tires. I run carslisle radial trail 205x15 Load D and they hold up.

knox gsl
06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I have gone through maybe 5 different brands of radial tires before I found decent tires. I run carslisle radial trail 205x15 Load D and they hold up.

How much do these run? I just bought a set of AKURET tires (chinese) radial load D ran $94/tire installed.