PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel fixture help

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I have a client requesting all Stainless Steel fixtures. I am looking for a manufacturer of S.S. flood/soft wash fixtures. Not sure there are any out there but if you know of some please pass along the info.

I can always use the HK ZXF Flood in Silver, but it would be nice to find stainless to match the rest of the fixtures.

Thanks...

bcg
06-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I assume you're looking for something that isn't MR-16? Like a bi-pin wash light? Sollos makes stainless MR-16 bullets and I've had good success using 60* MR-16 lamps in place of a bi-pin wash light.

http://www.solloslighting.com/index.jsp?ID=,Natural.Metals,Stainless.Steel&path=to&ds=specials

Hopefully you can get Rich to chime in (or give him a call) he was telling me about someone that made stainless fixtures not long ago but I can't remember who the company was.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks Bernie... I am looking specifically for flood / Wash light fixtures. Thanks for the link to Solos... they have SS Path lights that I was not aware of. Do you know what the build quality is like?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Is the Solos line of fixtures cUL / cETL / CSA approved? I could not find any info regarding listings on their website or spec. sheets.

bcg
06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Honestly, I haven't used any of them. They sent me some information after the AOLP conference and offered to send me some sample fixtures but I never took them up on the offer. I'm sure that if you contacted them they could answer the questions about listings and would probably be willing to provide you a sample.

Lite4
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
James, I'm sure you checked out vista. I think all they have is the bullet in stainless though.
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Vista have a couple of SS path fixtures as well as their bullets. My real challenge is finding a SS Wash fixture. I will start with the HK ZXF Flood in Silver, at least it is contemporary in design/form and will compliment the stainless 'theme' that the client has asked for. I looked to Unique as I recall Joey talking about some applied finish that mimicked SS, but could not find any info on the website.

S&MLL
06-22-2011, 07:02 PM
SPJ makes a bunch of stuff in s.s.

ELumin8
06-23-2011, 01:07 AM
James, BK lighting can do it. I had them do some custom fixtures for me a few jobs back and suprisingly enough the cost was not out of line with the rest of their regular offering.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2011, 01:27 AM
I looked at SPJ but their Flood/soft wash fixtures are not in line with the quality the client expects.

I looked at BK, but their stock Flood/soft wash fixture is just too large for the application IMO. Also lead times from BK are typically crazy, even for 'stock' items. I have been waiting on some Sign Star Fixtures for 4 weeks now. I cannot imagine how long it would take for custom fixtures. Then there is the listings issue with custom made product.

I have decided to go with HK Lighting and the ZXF50 fixture with the ALC finish. It is well built, suitably contemporary, rather compact and will blend in fine.

Thanks for your ideas.