PDA

View Full Version : Debt Collections??

RBatten
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM
I have quite a few dead beats that I want my money from. What our our legal remedies here in fl?? These are no contract residential accounts and I cant stand getting the shaft! I want my money!

Ric
06-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I have quite a few dead beats that I want my money from. What our our legal remedies here in fl?? These are no contract residential accounts and I cant stand getting the shaft! I want my money!

RBatten

Just because you win in court doesn't mean they have to pay. Unless they owe you 4 figures each, it will cost you more than you will gain.

Best solution is hire a debt collector and hope they collect.

gregory
06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree with ric. most of the debt collectors you dont pay unless they collect. they take the fee right out of the collection.

Patriot Services
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Lastly, for the future. Stop letting yourself be taken. New customers pay for first month up front on day of first cut. After that maybe due on the 15th. If I get the vibe from them, money due on first cut. Cleanups need check for full amount before we begin. Installs and sod, 50% down. Honest people never have a problem with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

BCL Services
06-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I always refer those people to my wife :) Believe it or not we have not lost a dime yet. Some have taken a while to pay. But she just has a special way about asking i guess. :)

Ric
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I agree with ric. most of the debt collectors you dont pay unless they collect. they take the fee right out of the collection.

Gregory

Collection agents are hooked up all 3 major Credit Bureaus. That is a power tool to use on many people with the exception of true Dead Beats. What little experience I have had, they take 1/3 of the amount owed. Hey 2/3 is better than nothing. I never lost on Collection agent. I have written off several smaller accounts that were not worth the trouble. It is a cost of doing business.

C4chris70
06-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Try olddebts.com. They charge a low flat rate. I have had great success using them.

billslawn89
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Try olddebts.com. They charge a low flat rate. I have had great success using them.

ya, i tried them and they did what they said, but my guy was a total dead beat and still had to take him to small claims court, and he didn't show up there either. i got a default judgment from the courts, then i get a letter in the mail a week later that he is filing bankrupcy..wtf? total scammer. and it was somebody i knew too...go figure. scumbag :hammerhead:

Ric
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
ya, i tried them and they did what they said, but my guy was a total dead beat and still had to take him to small claims court, and he didn't show up there either. i got a default judgment from the courts, then i get a letter in the mail a week later that he is filing bankrupcy..wtf? total scammer. and it was somebody i knew too...go figure. scumbag :hammerhead:

Bill

File a claim on his bankruptcy, You may not get all your money. But your small claims court order may get a better place in line for payments.

I have yet to sue a customer in small claims court. But I am told the court is very favorable to small business claims with the correct paper work Etc. However as I stated in my first post, Just because win in court doesn't mean you will get paid. I did have a Doctor who purchased a distressed commercial property and refuse to pay me for a Time & Materials clean out in the 4 figure range. I went to see him in the middle of his office hours while he was seeing patients. It is amazing how falling OFF the Floor can change an attitude when it needs changed.

GreenCloverlawnCare, LLC
06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Bill, since we live in the same city and service the same area I think we should hold a good ol' "Lawn Care Olympics" on his lawn...first event: lawnmower racing on his lawn...my company against yours...Ya won't get your money but, man, wouldn't it feel good?

jvanvliet
06-24-2011, 09:34 PM

In Florida, no signed contract/agreement, no case. Florida does not recognize "verbal contracts". Don't waste your money on lawyers or collectors since you don't have any documentation proving the agreed to pay you for the services rendered.

billslawn89
06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Ric

Thats what I did, filed a claim on the bankruptcy, was pretty easy doing it online, after reading all the paper work and got a printout with the date stamp. I guess I am on the bottom of the list to " maybe " get paid from the scumbag. With knowing him and with him having his own pest control company, I would of thought of no problems, but after doing a google search on this guy, he has been doing this for quite some time. All his pest control companies have a " F " rating with the BBB. Now I know why he changes his business name every couple of years.

If anybody wants to know about this guy or his now new company, I will PM anyone who wants the info, especially in my area. He charges upfront and does crappy work.

GreenClover,

That would be funny and if you want his info as well, I will PM you since we are in the same area

jvanvliet,

We did have a signed service agreement, and I think that worked in court, and with him not showing up in court. This guy knows how to use the system. I even went to the local police department and talked to a detective about him and he said nothing they can do cuz its a civil matter and, lol, the detective even called him a scumbag thats using the system.

gotta love this business.

Ric
06-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Ric

Thats what I did, filed a claim on the bankruptcy, was pretty easy doing it online, after reading all the paper work and got a printout with the date stamp. I guess I am on the bottom of the list to " maybe " get paid from the scumbag. With knowing him and with him having his own pest control company, I would of thought of no problems, but after doing a google search on this guy, he has been doing this for quite some time. All his pest control companies have a " F " rating with the BBB. Now I know why he changes his business name every couple of years.

If anybody wants to know about this guy or his now new company, I will PM anyone who wants the info, especially in my area. He charges upfront and does crappy work.

GreenClover,

That would be funny and if you want his info as well, I will PM you since we are in the same area

jvanvliet,

We did have a signed service agreement, and I think that worked in court, and with him not showing up in court. This guy knows how to use the system. I even went to the local police department and talked to a detective about him and he said nothing they can do cuz its a civil matter and, lol, the detective even called him a scumbag thats using the system.

gotta love this business.

Bill

Please PM me. North Port is in the Extreme Northern section of my service area, but I do have customer there. I only do Pest Control so he would be my competitor.

If he owed me money and I had a Court ordered claim, I would put his name on the Internet in a NYC second. You can not be sued for telling the Truth.

Ric
06-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Bill

Is his initials C S ?? and was his first Business name Green XXXXX that was Changed to a counties name Pest Control . Com????

If this is the same guy I am thinking of, then Good Luck on collecting. He sold his business and went to work for the Buyer. His partner was the CPO and Died. The guy has been a Spray tech for over 10 years and couldn't pass the CPO test. This guy spend a small fortune advertising and I even saw a huge Bill Board in El Jo Bean on 776.

If this is the guy just post yes and I will fill in more details about him. I will not post his name since you didn't.

Buck_wheat
06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Billslawn89;

I was addressing Rbatten who stated he did not have contracts.

Contracts are enforceable through mechanic liens or small claims court. If these people defaulted on debt or are in foreclosure, whatever, a small claims judgment is relatively expensive, may be abrogated through bankruptcy and so not worth the $ to file unless you know the people have resources. You can check the public record and see if they are in foreclosure, for how long and what liens have been filed.

Filing a lien is cheap, you can get templates off the Internet for free and do it yourself. So that you know, in FL liens are paid off in the order that they are filed to the extent resources are available. There are some procedures, check them out for your location then mail the notice & record the lien @ the court house at the same time.

Sometimes the threat of a lien is enough for them to cough up some dough, sometimes its just not worth it...:cry:

billslawn89
06-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Ric

Yes sir, that would be him and to totally make sure, his first name is Chad. Well, here is a public website,

http://www.care2.com/news/member/830646067/800809

which I came acrossed, and back in 2008, I believe he even had 10 news out of tampa do a story on him.

After reading that story, I did some more searching on Chad at this public website,

http://www.clerk.co.sarasota.fl.us/oprapp/oprinq.asp

and I typed his name in and was just shocked. just unbelievable. Again, I sorta knew the guy cuz I was trying to hook up with somebody to do pest control on my accounts, and the few he did for me was horrible work and once I started to complain to him about what my clients were saying, thats when my checks for taking care of his property started to get later and later, then no payments, so I stopped service and he and his wife had the balls to ask me why I stopped taking care of his yard. I spelled it out completely in the service agreement, when your late by a certain amount of days, then service will stop.

Ya, spread the word about this guy! I believe he is working for a company in Port Charlotte now, on Harbor Blvd., but get this, HIS new company name is the same, but the web site he uses is different from the one he is employed by. So, he is working for this company, initals P E to promote his own company with the same name. lol and his own facebook page shows it. Took me awhile to figure it out and everybody thinks Chad is such a great person...if they only knew.

billslawn89
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Ric,

I just seen your PM after typing the post and yes, you are correct. I sent you a PM as well.

Thanks!
Bill

nepatsfan
06-25-2011, 11:54 AM
What a P.O.S......I honestly would probably not pursue it much further if it costs you any money. I would get this guy back though. I would probably make his face look like it went through a food processor.

billslawn89
06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
What a P.O.S......I honestly would probably not pursue it much further if it costs you any money. I would get this guy back though. I would probably make his face look like it went through a food processor.

yes he his, but I did all I can do, went to small claims, filed the neccessary paper work after he filed bankruptcy, now I'm done. It was an experience though, but ya, sucked. I actually do google searches on any new clients now to see if anything comes up on them to throw red flags. The internet is a powerful tool these days!

GreenCloverlawnCare, LLC
06-25-2011, 12:07 PM
You know, I think this guy left a voicemail for me a little while back... something about a "joint venture" etc....It was a strange voicemail and I simply deleted it. Thank you for alerting everyone to this guy. Man, i hope it works out for you guys. what a POS.

billslawn89
06-25-2011, 12:11 PM
You know, I think this guy left a voicemail for me a little while back... something about a "joint venture" etc....It was a strange voicemail and I simply deleted it. Thank you for alerting everyone to this guy. Man, i hope it works out for you guys. what a POS.

Do you know his full name? I was going to PM you but there is no link to. Hows biz? getting alot of rain in my area now, which is good! Tired of the dust.

GreenCloverlawnCare, LLC
06-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I didn't put 2 & 2 together until I followed the link you posted above, saw his name, the names of his previous businesses, etc...and then it came to me...I am not sure if this was the guy but the name sounds so familiar.

Yes, man, we needed that rain so bad...I've definitely seen the yards greening up. (Answered prayer)

Ric
06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Bill, since we live in the same city and service the same area I think we should hold a good ol' "Lawn Care Olympics" on his lawn...first event: lawnmower racing on his lawn...my company against yours...Ya won't get your money but, man, wouldn't it feel good?

Yo Guys

Maybe we should just have a Lawnsite get together and forget the lawn Care Olympics. It would only hurt landlord. I work that area and would love to net work with both you and Bill.

BTW Bill, While I appreciate your request to be my here at Lawnsite, in the last 10 years I have never accepted a friendship request and I am Too Old to start now. Nothing personal, I do want to be you friend in real life not the Internet.

Ric
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Ric,

I just seen your PM after typing the post and yes, you are correct. I sent you a PM as well.

Thanks!
Bill

Bill

Old age is creeping up on me and I actually had to think for a second Before coming up with Chad Sayers Name. In a not so small world his reputation is far and wide. The fact is you gave very little information and only the CHANGE OF NAME clued me in.

The reason he sold to Pest Eliminators was the New Agriculture Inspector was all over him for running a Pest Control on an emergency Certificate with out a CPO. Some how I supected he was doing some Moonlighting on the side and that same name company is actually stealing work from his employer. Look him up on the Pest Control Public Data base and you will see he is only a spray tech and never been able to pass the CPO test.

My issue with him was his low Ball advertising that put him on my Radar screen. Of course like all scam artist he was a Bait and Switch guy. But when I checked him out on the Pest Control Data base, I realized he was a Fly By Night. BTW his road signs advertisement are still up and his old business phone still answers.

greendoctor
06-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I have had a few turkeys walk away from their bill. Because this is a small place, I also get to watch karma catch up to them.

Ric
06-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I didn't put 2 & 2 together until I followed the link you posted above, saw his name, the names of his previous businesses, etc...and then it came to me...I am not sure if this was the guy but the name sounds so familiar.

Yes, man, we needed that rain so bad...I've definitely seen the yards greening up. (Answered prayer)

Hopefully you got the same down pour I did today. Tomorrow we are suppose to have more rain. I use a tank mix additive to help with drought stress and recovery.