PDA

View Full Version : buying a ztr tomorrow WHICH ONE?

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 08:50 PM
You all know the Husky story, now which ztr do I buy you all tell me your favorites and why. I need your experiences!

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

LAWNGODFATHER
10-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Why not buy a Kees, Exmark, Ferris, whatever spindle for less than $100 and install on your mower temp., rather than buy a $9k ZTR?

dlandscaping
10-17-2002, 09:02 PM
IBGreen you need to listen to the godfather.

All those listed mfgs spindles might be interchangable so buy one of those for around $70 or better yet get your dealer to buy you one since he f**-- it up and then go find a different dealer. Was this machine under warranty? After you resolve this junk go buy a lazer.

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Yes its still under warranty but I have already out grown it. I need a bigger deck, this one is only a 48". With a 18 hp. Kawi. I have been landscaping on my own for two years now, but this was my first year cutting commercially, I was struggling to keep up about two months after I bought this thing.

Brandon Shaw

LAWNGODFATHER
10-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by dlandscaping
After you resolve this ---- go buy a lazer.

That s some good advice.

If you can get a 60" Lazer.

Gtotoy
10-17-2002, 09:12 PM
bobcat all the man ,for us anyway.

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 09:15 PM
What did that mean?

ProMo
10-17-2002, 09:18 PM
the best ztr ive owned is dixie chopper worst is scag

Bill Davis
10-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Hey IB. I bought a 52 inch Exmark Lazer HP in Little Rock and i absolutely love it. I have had nothing but a good experience with it. If you would like to look at it you are welcome to try it out. I have a good Exmark dealer that I use that will take care of you also. Hope this helps, Bill.

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Yeah I'd love to take a look at it! I am going to have to make a move soon. This all just happened today. Did you get it from Benton Equipment? They have a store in Little Rock. How many accounts do you have? Ever do any landscaping?

Runner
10-17-2002, 10:09 PM
I hear the Exmark dealers even carry spindles. Mine does, anyway.:D

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 10:11 PM
SUPER

greenman
10-17-2002, 10:52 PM
IBGreen- go with a Lazer. Benton Equipment has good service, I bought my Metro there.

I just had a thought, ever demo a Hustler? I dont know if there is a Hustler dealer in LR, but I saw a Massey-Ferguson dealership over here in Gravel Ridge that had the Hustlers. I been wanting to by there and try one out ,just havent had time.

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Yeah I seen that the Benton Euip. in maumelle had a 72" w/ the 27hp. diahatsu or however you spell it. So I talked to Lee the ex mark rep and he is getting it over to the store in Benton tomarrow. So I'm going to probably go with that one because they have a good deal going on with it, unless Bill is going to sell his 52" for a good price. Hey, the metro is a wb, right? Do you have an ex mark ztr?

Brandon Shaw

greenman
10-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Yes the Metro is a wb. I dont need a ztr right now. My next purchase will be a Walker next season. Does that count as a ztr?:)

Shady Brook
10-17-2002, 11:18 PM
I'd get a Hustler Super Z if that is an option.

Jay

Swampbeast
10-17-2002, 11:19 PM
I have an Exmark 60 inch with a 21 HP engine, I like it a lot! Its not very good for the really rough yards with big bumps, its just not tough enough, I use my SCAG Turf Tiger for that, but its a great mower. If I was you, I would keep my old mower as well, as back up. Or if you decide to expand with a helper, that would be good. Thats what i did anyhow, and I still have my original 48" SCAG walk behind that I started out with! Its one of 6 largish mowers in my mini-fleet.

We do 4 U
10-17-2002, 11:30 PM
HUSTLER SUPER Z!!!! I love mine! Very fast, cuts like a dream, smooooth controls, and bulit very heavy duty. Only pther mower I'd consider is a DC.

excel25
10-18-2002, 06:31 AM
Super-z

Green Pastures
10-18-2002, 08:22 AM
I don't care what brand you get, cuz my opinion on them is "6 of one, half a dozen of another" we could rant for days as to the finer points and cruddy points of each brand. Fact is the same brand that is the "BOMB" here is the worst thing in the world to somebody in say Indiana.

I would say this look at the biggest deck you can afford, then get one 10" bigger than that.

I bought a 52" Toro Z-Master this spring and now I'm buying a 62" Z-Master this fall to compliment it. If I'd have bought the 62" first, I could probably wait till next fall to get another Z.

Your call, we cant make it for you. Pray about it, God knows.

Scott

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 09:02 AM
Green Pastures, you shame us all. Green Pastures is right, all the mowers are pretty much teh same, each one has certain aspects about it that make it "better" than all the others and "worse" than anything else.
Yeah, ask God, He does know. Thats your best bet right there.

Bill Davis
10-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Hey IB, i bought my Exmark from West Rock. They are off Taylor Loop kind of behing Arkansas wholesale. By the way im not selling my Exmark. Sorry if i implied that. The Hustler dealer in town in Reed's outdoor equipment on Asher. Dont get me started about them. West Rock is a great dealer and their mechanic is top notch. This weekend I will be taking it easy if you want to take a ride on the Exmark. Just call me. Later, Bill.

Alan Bechard
10-18-2002, 10:11 AM
I think the real answer is to find a dealer that you, like, trust, has parts or is understanding that you need things quickly, and is willing to work hard to get you up and running when your equipment is down. Then buy whatever he likes and has had in stock for a while. (and has parts for) Dicker a bit on price with him but don't go to a dealer you like less to save a bit of $. You will regret that down the road.

Al B

FrankenScagMachines
10-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Indiana says Dixie Chopper and eXmark! Thats all they use here for ZTR's mainly... I'd look real hard at the Hustler too though.

Mowwithhustler's
10-24-2002, 05:41 PM
hustler super z the best money can bye trust me there nice and good 7500 doallrs