PDA

View Full Version : talk loud

TFL
10-17-2002, 10:31 PM
the other day my employee and myself went into a whataburger and saw a costomer. we began talking and this costomer was telling us what a good job we do. The manger over heard and ask us to bid we did and we got it. 5 other people also heard us and ask us for a bid and we got those. so the next time you are eating talk loud. :D

Expert Lawns
10-17-2002, 10:43 PM
wow goes to show that with hard work and persistance, you don't even have to put for the effort, just sit back and watch them come to you !! :D

Runner
10-17-2002, 10:51 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say again. A satisfied customer will tell 3 people, while an UNsatisfied customer will tell 6.:cool:

The Lawn Choupique
10-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Using a shill to promote a product or service is the strongest sales technique there is. Back in the 70's when the land sales boon was on, the closer would take a group of prospects on tour with one couple (the shills) who just had to have a peice of that developement and all through the sales pitch just extrolled the virtues of owning. The point being, I guess It will work in the lawn game. Just hire a friend to do what the ligit customer did. And If you really do happen to actually be cutting your friends grass he is not even a shill. He is just being paid for his endorsement. I really am surprised that this technique is not used more.

FrankenScagMachines
10-17-2002, 11:06 PM
hey Runner can I use that in my signature?
I like it :D thanx

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 11:21 PM
any water-burgers in little rock?

greenman
10-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by IBGreen
any water-burgers in little rock?

LOl, IBGreen.

I was going reply with a yes, but now it is no. Ryans on Baseline used to be Whataburger. You can talk loud in any restaurant, not just that one.:D

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Something like that happened to us, we go into this one gas station every day, finally, they guy behind the counter hired us to do his personal yard, and the grass around the mechanic shop beside the gas station. Two other people in there heard us doing this, and we got their lawns. Then one of them said he had a friend who needed lawn service, we got him too! That guy went to church, and he told lots of people at his church......and well you get teh idea. Total lawns we got off of that, 9. Yeah, it pays to talk loud! :laugh: payup :laugh:

Gravely_Man
10-18-2002, 04:45 PM
I am glad that worked out for you! This just means I need to go out to eat more for lunch.

Gravely_Man