View Full Version : Do you need extra insurance for a spray truck??

10-17-2002, 10:51 PM
Just wondering.

10-17-2002, 11:58 PM
For your license YES, for your truck you need whatever ins. you desire for it, regulated by your state lawns for commercial trucks.

10-18-2002, 04:28 PM
I have the license, I just wasnt sure if the spray trunk needed insurance against spills, etc.

10-19-2002, 10:59 PM

Talk to your insurance guy about this one. As it turns out I found out a few years ago that I was covered on the job site and at my own location but not in transit. Your commercial insurance policy my have a pollution exclusion that would not cover you if your tank was ruptured or there was a spill. Find out pronto.


10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
No doubt things can get sticky. The thing is that a lot of companies don't have experience with Pest applicators and don't think of all of the possibilities.

Consider if you have a tank shift and it hits the frame. You spring a leak. Your return hose connector cracks when you hit a big bump and its gushing out from under the tank. The valves are set incorrectly between tanks and the front tank is pushing a guyser while you are in the back acre and don't notice it.

Someone sees it and calls the police. The EPA shows up. The six o'clock news.

You need to be prepared for ANYTHING.

Good luck to us all!:pumpkin:

Tony Harrell
10-25-2002, 07:17 AM
NC does not require insurance for turf and ornamental. That's odd because they require it for structural pest control. 100/300,000 plus the policy must contain a contamination cleanup. Any good business person will cover their rear with insurance though.