PDA

View Full Version : Hacker Thread

IRRITECH
06-23-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't put in walls, but I certainly know this is just wrong.

DVS Hardscaper
06-23-2011, 01:06 PM
What soil type is in thy area?
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
see...red clay

IRRITECH
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
yeah, red clay and rock

DVS Hardscaper
06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
How long has that slope been cut like that???

How long has the walls bean dere??

2 yrs?

9 yrs?

11 yrs?

The two walls certainly ARE level and don't look bad.

Looks like a grade issue that the owner inherited from the builder and or developer. Probably put those 2 smalls walls up after having to constantly clean sediment off the driveway, and probably thats all they could afford?

FLCthes4:11-12
06-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I doubt they were throwing rocks at you while you were out spraying not every project has to end up in the Belgard Catalog

2low4NH
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
looks fine to mw

IRRITECH
06-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Really?? I'll take your word for it, but to me that is scary. No idea how long it has been there.

pieperlc
06-24-2011, 08:43 AM
This thread cracked me up and I had to comment:

If someone posted this job with the title "Look at the walls I just built." We would have hacked him down and told him what a lousy engineering job, no grid, etc. Instead someone posts a poor job for kicks and we say "not too bad, the walls look good, probably didn't have the money for anymore construction."

It does look a little scary, but at this point, the walls look stable.

2low4NH
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
the only problem I can see is no drainage. the courses look level the set back on the 2nd wall looks a little to short but not that bad. cant tell if there is grid or if they back filled with stone or not. the front of the wall looks fine. no cracking no shifting and it has been there fr at least a year.

DVS Hardscaper
06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
The wall looks fine. Its level, and its not buldging. It's the slope behind it that is concerning.
Posted via Mobile Device

coolluv
06-24-2011, 08:47 PM
This thread cracked me up and I had to comment:

If someone posted this job with the title "Look at the walls I just built." We would have hacked him down and told him what a lousy engineering job, no grid, etc. Instead someone posts a poor job for kicks and we say "not too bad, the walls look good, probably didn't have the money for anymore construction."

It does look a little scary, but at this point, the walls look stable.

Aint that the truth.

Dave...

coolluv
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
The wall looks fine. Its level, and its not buldging. It's the slope behind it that is concerning.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that was the OPs Point!

Dave...

Gr8WhiteNorth
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Thats not the worst attempt I have ever seen, but I'm pretty sure no engineer was consulted prior to construction. Head slope is way too much. The wall is not strong enough to hold it. Not even remotely close. Didn't see any holes for drains. I cant tell about geogrid or not, but lets hope its about 20 ft deep into the hillside!!!

DVS Hardscaper
06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
i'll tell you, it looks like a low budget wall that a home builder would have put in just to appease the buyer / local gov't agency(ies), etc.

To the TC (topic creator): is this a client of your that you could try to ask about the wall? I'm curious to hear the story.