PDA

View Full Version : Trailer woes

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 10:29 AM
An eighteen wheeler just turned my faithful little trailer into a wood and steel pancake. Thank God none of my mowers or equipment was in it!
Now I need a second hand trailer, 6X14 foot, dual axle, steel ramp/tailgate in the back, any type of cage, low-boy, half cage, or full cage, I will take what I can get. If you have a 6X14 trailer and are willing to part with it, let me know!

Gravely_Man
10-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you were very lucky no one was hurt! When will you be getting the check from the 18-wheelers insurance company?

Gravely_Man

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Yeah, very lucky no one got hurt! I wasnt in the truck when it happened, I was at a truck stop, with my truck and trailer parked at a diesel pump, and he just came up from behind and smashed my trailer to bits! I guess he just wasnt looking where he was going. He felt pretty darn bad about it, so he just handed me $1500 in cash to pay for it. So I am not mad at him! thats roughly what a new trailer would cost, but I am trying to save money, so I am looking for a used trailer.
The power those big rigs have is amazing. :eek:

HarryD
10-18-2002, 02:59 PM
how far are you willing to drive for one

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Well, it depends on how good of a deal it is. If its exactly what I want, then I will drive to Nebraska to get it. If not, mmm, probably not.

HarryD
10-18-2002, 07:05 PM
theres a guy that i just bought a 36 from he says he has a 6.5 x18 h&h tandem with gate for $900.00 i can e-mail you his number. you could call him see if he still has it . think he said it was 2 or 3 years old with little use