PDA

View Full Version : bad honda experience!!!

martyman
10-18-2002, 07:13 PM
In July I purchase a Honda GX22 four stroke trimmer. gutless and in two months I have burned the clutch. The local dealer said that I removed the guard and that voids the warranty. I said fine I will pay the cost of the clutch and the service. I waited four days for the parts and they still havn't showed up so I took it back and went and bought a STIHL. This has got to be the worst experience of my 6 years in business. Honda should not call these trimmers COMMERCIAL!! these are home owner trimmer.

Marty:mad:

The STIHL is a screamer and I bet it will last me a hell of a lot longer than that HOnda

Ryan Lightning
10-18-2002, 08:35 PM
I wouldnt let them get away with that. You took the gaurd off, who cares, The dealer gets paid to fix it either way. Id tell him to fix it under warenty are you will start calling Honda. Tell him you took the gaurd off because it broke, just before you took it in.
When I bought my Honda Mower, I went to the dirt bike shop instead of my regular dealer, just because the sales guy said he would give a 2 year warenty and if anything happened he would get it fixed asap, and I didnt even have to go back.

ProMo
10-18-2002, 08:47 PM
sounds like a bunch of bs for all they know you took the guard off so it would fit in the trunk of your car

ilovethisgame
10-18-2002, 09:06 PM
You sure it was COMMERCIAL and not COMICAL? :p

-Dave

baddboygeorge
10-18-2002, 11:56 PM
must be a shitty dealer thats a dealer that i would report to honda the guard does not void anything its a safety feature to the operator not the dealer tell him to eat @#$% an to keep his honda an you want a refund since he isn't standing behind his product. i use shindiawa trimmers an my dealer will fix it even after warranty is up remember they rely on your business ,, good luck

carlsmower
10-19-2002, 12:43 AM
According to Stihl every 1 inch of line over the recomended 17" or so swath adds between 75 and 100 degrees to the clutch, so removing the guard, which does allow extra line to be fed will add heat and burn out the clutch. I still agree with you that the Honda is a POS, but your dealer may not be the IDIOT you are saying he is, his job is to be a manufactures rep, if they deny paying him then it is him that loses his AS*.

65hoss
10-19-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by baddboygeorge
the guard does not void anything its a safety feature to the operator not the dealer

Not true. When the line gets to long it is harder on the clutch. It can and will burn it out quicker. It does void the warrenty if they know about it.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by carlsmower
your dealer may not be the IDIOT you are saying he is, his job is to be a manufactures rep, if they deny paying him then it is him that loses his AS*.

You got it.