PDA

View Full Version : new years resolution!!!

captdevo
10-18-2002, 09:59 PM
well, i've made up my mind!!

with my schedule...14 days on, 14 days off on the riverboat, i'm going full steam ahead next spring with maintenance!!

most folks around here do such bad work, that i get calls constantly.

the biggest reason i've decided is that..... none....i mean none of the commercial (so they think) cutters near me, shop me, or even give me the time of day. 95% of my sales are residential...farmers...homeowners, etc...

so why not jump in, do Quality work and make $$$$????

it's not like i don't have equipment....lol

thoughts? comments?

Look out S.E. Iowa boyz....i'm gonna blow you away!!!

Evan528
10-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Just curious how you are going to do weekly mowing if your on the boat for 14 days at a time? that Will mean some acounts could go as long as 3 weeks in between mowing. I guess your right......equipment would not be a problem though ;)

Art Stubbs handy 58
10-18-2002, 10:44 PM
hey captdevo,

good to here from you, thought you got lost on the river lol
if you want to expand and help out in the waterloo area, lets get together and talk, you seen some of the scrubs i compete with lol

lets sell some trailers around here too.....
:D

Currier
10-18-2002, 11:10 PM
Sounds GREAT! I'll bet you will do real well.

captdevo
10-19-2002, 01:24 PM
i have a friend who is a great worker that was recently laid off since the company (Maytag) he worked for recently moved to Mexico, he's coming onboard with me.

we're actually expanding my existing company "Riverside Property Maintenance" hence my dealership name "RPM" to include indoor maintenance as well...Janitorial service (his forte') and he will assist while i work, if needed.

He is a very levelheaded, responsible person.

i also have a full time helper who is anxious to get out more.

Thanks for the encouragement, i'm ready to rock and roll.