PDA

View Full Version : Truck stock

RLI Electric
06-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I cannot remember if I had asked this before but I was wondering if any of you have a list of materials you keep on your truck as stock. I was also wondering if any of you have photos of your setups for your trucks or trailers. I will try to get a photo or list of the equipment that I keep on the truck dedicated toward landscape lighting. With my all of my regular electrical equipment and now that I am doing so much lighting work, I am running out of real estate in my van so any and all ideas that you have are greatly appreciated.

GreenI.A.
06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
obviously my tools. But for supplies for service, I try to keep a case of each of my most popular bulbs, a half dozen or so of each of the random bulbs that I don't expet to find but I know could use on a service visit. A couple of each of my most popular lenses, sizes, colors, filters etc. 100+- feet of each gauge of wire. My most popular fixtures I use, different manufacturer timers/models and a few different photocells . My general rule of thumb is that if I install 20 of any one item then I should definetly have it on hand for service. For lighting service we work out of the irrigation service truck so space is extreamly limited, installaltions are done out of an enclosed trailer which is set up ideally for this.

I'll get some picks up tomorrow if I get a chance of both my service truck set up and install trailer