PDA

View Full Version : what brand is best

just cuts lawn care
06-26-2011, 08:24 PM
hey guys wanted to get an idea of what yall think is best brand for trimmers edgers etc I see a lot of echo and a ton of stihl brand a few shindawa but not a lot of kawasaki I am looking into buy some new equipment soon and would like some ideas thanks

Florida Gardener
06-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I have had great results with redmax
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
This is such a stupid question and has been asked so many times on here, it's like ford vs chevy or gas vs diesel!!

Look at what the majority of guys run, stihl and echo. Tried and true, end of thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
06-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Hands down, Husqvarna= unstoppable
Posted via Mobile Device

eagleharborelite
06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
The main thing to consider when purchasing new equipment is the DEALER!
If a dealer supports the brand and his clients, you will have good luck with any Commercial equipment brand. You will never see too many guys using Kawasaki though.
Kawasaki is not very serious about the handheld division of the company.
You need to consider what matters to you most. You can be extremely happy with your equipment purchase, but if there is not a dealer to support you.... well sir... you are screwed.
Good luck with whatever you choose

just cuts lawn care
06-28-2011, 09:17 PM
thanks for the advice I am leaning more toward echo i have some echo equipment and am able to work on it myself but i will check out the other brands thanks alot everyone

Ric
06-28-2011, 09:58 PM
This is such a stupid question and has been asked so many times on here, it's like ford vs chevy or gas vs diesel!!
Look at what the majority of guys run, stihl and echo. Tried and true, end of thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

A Men Brother.

What they are actually asking is ""WHAT PRODUCTS ARE BEST ADVERTISED AND THEREFORE THE MOST POPULAR""

Landscape Poet
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
The main thing to consider when purchasing new equipment is the DEALER!
If a dealer supports the brand and his clients, you will have good luck with any Commercial equipment brand. e

This is good advice. All commercial equipment has things about them that some hate, others love. The key is making sure you have dealer support, that the dealer is able to get parts quickly if needed. Of the major players, Redmax, Stihl, Echo, Shindi, you will find quality products, the difference in the long run is going to be the dealer behind them.

Patriot Services
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
So the best question is who is the best dealer in your area and what brands does he carry and stock parts for. Go and put your hands on the equipment to get a feel of it. Then do your internet research for any problems. By the way a unbusy dealer is a bad sign.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bravsta27
06-30-2011, 08:45 AM
I had a kawasaki trimmer and was very pleased. Very light weight and powerfull. Unfortunatly it was stolen. I purchased a craftsman for a short term substitute and it is decent yet heavy and turns off when sideways.