PDA

View Full Version : Kees and Husqvarna the same?

IBGreen
10-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Does anyone use kees ztr or wb mowers? Are they not red Husqvarnas? They look identical in every way except color. I was just curious if they have any ties.

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Yazoo/Kees builds and sells the power frame to Husky, Husky then slaps their deck on it and calls it their mower.

This same power frame John Deere uses and does the same deck slapping.

Envy Lawn Service
10-19-2002, 08:17 PM
Actually, Husqvarna bought Yazoo/Kees out. I found this out after shopping both these mowers in the same day. I said "wait a minute":confused:

So later on I sent Yazoo/Kees an e-mail, a return came from what they called Husqvarna Turf Products. If you go on the Yazoo/Kees site and check out the history, you will see when the buy out happened.

From what I gather Yazoo/Kees builds both. They are completely indentical deck and all. Atleast the new ones I've seen are.

As for John Deere, I wasn't aware of that one. I do know that JD and Great Dane are the same other than the JD has the 7 Iron deck.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 08:31 PM
Yeah I just saw an ad in Turf showing they are still using the Yazoo/Kees/Husky power frame.

Envy Lawn Service
10-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Well, I learned something new today then!

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 08:43 PM
So did I.

If I had a choice between the Yazoo/Kees, Johne Deere, or Husky, I would take the Yazoo/Kees mower and deck.

Envy Lawn Service
10-19-2002, 08:51 PM
LGF,

I have been very tempted to do just that. Why? Because the dealer is only a few minutes from home. I can get the Yazoo/Kees ZT Max 52" with a horizontal shaft Kohler for $6,000.

I'm not completely sold on it though. I got to do a lot more info gathering on all that's out there 1st.