PDA

View Full Version : Quality Sod in Orlando?

BCL Services
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, we have got a small sod job that i have scheduled for Friday in the Altamonte Springs. Who is a good St. Augustine supplier in that area? Thanks for the help.

Landscape Poet
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, we have got a small sod job that i have scheduled for Friday in the Altamonte Springs. Who is a good St. Augustine supplier in that area? Thanks for the help.

Not sure about Altamonte directly, the company I used to buy from there was actually a farm trying a outlet. I can tell you that most of dealers down there are hit and miss. My suggestion is to call Sod King in Oviedo and ask what his quality looks like, he will be honest....Tony's Sod in Oviedo is hit and miss, but you may give them a try.
If you get in a real bind hit me up here with a PM and I will see what my guys can do for you. How much do you need?

unkownfl
06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Lake Jem has really good sod 400 or 500 sqft pallets. I get mine from Whisper winds in Ocoee.

Landscape Poet
06-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Lake Jem has really good sod 400 or 500 sqft pallets. I get mine from Whisper winds in Ocoee.

Whisper winds has a good price....the quality has been suspect at times....and it is sand based so got to account for that in labor.

Unknown - have you seen the new subdivsion going in right outside Keene's Point - that area is just booming - good for us that service that area I would guess, not sure what the price points are but would guess they will not be cheap.

ProMo
06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
a1a quality sod in longwood

Landscape Poet
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
/aq/+-r *a1a quality sod in longwood

Are they still charging a premium for it ProMo? The times I have been up there the SA has looked very nice but they were very proud of it.

unkownfl
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Whisper winds has a good price....the quality has been suspect at times....and it is sand based so got to account for that in labor.

Unknown - have you seen the new subdivsion going in right outside Keene's Point - that area is just booming - good for us that service that area I would guess, not sure what the price points are but would guess they will not be cheap.

I only use sand base sod. I've tried muck base its ok and its light so you can carry a lot but it just doesn't seem to do as good on sandy lawns over here. The muck washes off the roots and then it seems to have a hard time adjusting.

ProMo
06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I only use sand base sod. I've tried muck base its ok and its light so you can carry a lot but it just doesn't seem to do as good on sandy lawns over here. The muck washes off the roots and then it seems to have a hard time adjusting.

Thats what happens when you water it 2-3 inches a day.

unkownfl
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Thats what happens when you water it 2-3 inches a day.

It's ok I'm not worried about it. My sand base sod looks better than all those muck base sods getting watered one inch a day when it hasn't rained in I don't know three months with a heat index of 105. :rolleyes:

binet32
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
There are two companies that do a pretty good job in the Orlando area has it relates to sod (http://www.myorlandosod.com) or supplying sod (http://www.palmcitysod.com). Look into Earthscape or Palm City Sod. They are good companies and do a good job.

mjlcare2
07-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Orange Blossom Landscape supple, AKA Sod Depot. Usually has good stuff. prices are fair especially for landscapers..

They are all hit and miss.. those that do sod jobs on a regular basis have a few "places" they get sod from because quality differs every day.

brian10048
07-18-2011, 11:16 AM
We deliver, install, and ripout & replace any variety. Pickup available in DeLand

McMaster Grassing
386-985-4343

Landscape Poet
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
We deliver, install, and ripout & replace any variety. Pickup available in DeLand

McMaster Grassing
386-985-4343

Shoot me a price per square of what you would charge for cut out and install of SA in a PM. Is it muck based or sand based. Most work would be in the Oviedo/Winter Springs area but limited installs in Windermere and Dr. Phillips areas also. Price should include total charges including any deliver needed aka no hidden charges out the door prices. If your prices are correct that will be a starting point and we can talk about using you as a sub.