PDA

View Full Version : Zoysia issues

olcllc
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I have a lawn that is complete zoysia and beautiful until about a week ago. It has received no treatments since May and has begun to show signs of stress.

In several areas the grass is a pale green to yellow with wilting blades. While the rest of the lawn is a deep healthy blue-green. I can find no insect issues and it does not appear to be brown patch. Our spring was really wet and then went dry and hot for two weeks. So hot that all lawns were in stress. We have since had substantial rain and this has appeared. It's still growing but resembles a herbicide burn to me.

I know pictures will help and will get them up tomorrow.

Any ideas?

Ric
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I have a lawn that is complete zoysia and beautiful until about a week ago. It has received no treatments since May and has begun to show signs of stress.

In several areas the grass is a pale green to yellow with wilting blades. While the rest of the lawn is a deep healthy blue-green. I can find no insect issues and it does not appear to be brown patch. Our spring was really wet and then went dry and hot for two weeks. So hot that all lawns were in stress. We have since had substantial rain and this has appeared. It's still growing but resembles a herbicide burn to me.

I know pictures will help and will get them up tomorrow.

Any ideas?

olcllc

Here in Florida Fungus seems to be a problem in Zoysia. The fact that you think you see Herbicide Burn makes me believe you have a Fungus Problem. Herbicide Burn and Fungus have similar signs.

yamadooski
06-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I doooo conquer with Ric. Now if you are a liberal or democrat you can just tell your customer its Bushes fault.

Landscape Poet
06-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I doooo conquer with Ric. Now if you are a liberal or democrat you can just tell your customer its Bushes fault.

Or if you lean to right or are a Republican you can just re-write history the way you want it (Palin) tell them you are going to not charge them any (taxes)......LOL

Patriot Services
06-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I prefer to blame Rick Scott for everything these days. He spreads enough manure around to cause fungal outbreaks of biblical proportions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
06-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I prefer to blame Rick Scott for everything these days. He spreads enough manure around to cause fungal outbreaks of biblical proportions.
Posted via Mobile Device

He went missing this past weekend didn't you hear. Nothing was on his schedule for the first time since he took office. They found out he went for a weekend meeting with the Koch brothers :dizzy::dizzy:

bug-guy
06-29-2011, 10:22 PM
watch your ph with the zoysia grass. look for just under 6.5

olcllc
06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Here are some pictures. Upon closer inspection... I did find rust but ever so fine. I have never seen rust cause a plant to turn pale and wilt... i think there may be more than one fungi at work here.

Patriot Services
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
A good candidate for Gallery?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
06-30-2011, 08:51 PM
A good candidate for Gallery?
Posted via Mobile Device
My bad, I meant Heritage G.
Posted via Mobile Device

yamadooski
06-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I also found out on my zoysia my dog does his business and now I have yellow circles from the urine. To much nitrogen. But the St Augustine is fine.
He's now trained to go on the St Augustine.

greendoctor
07-01-2011, 02:25 AM
It is not really the N that is burning the zoysia, it is the salt. St augustine is more salt tolerant than zoysia.

Ric
07-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I also found out on my zoysia my dog does his business and now I have yellow circles from the urine. To much nitrogen. But the St Augustine is fine.
He's now trained to go on the St Augustine.

yamadooski

Yep that is a big draw back about Zoysia. I have tried all the different food additives to stop urine burn. But nothing seems to work for zoysia.

RigglePLC
07-01-2011, 10:02 PM
My vote goes to dollarspot.
Good luck.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/archives/parsons/turf/publications/Dollarspot.html