PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a liquid pre-emergent for ornamental beds

sandy creek
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
been using Dimension 2EW and its getting pretty expensive, what are you using?

olive123
06-29-2011, 12:31 PM
nothing better for broadleaves than gallery

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I just started using surflan. Seems good so far but time will tell on how good.

Florida Gardener
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Sureguard hands down
Posted via Mobile Device

lovdasnow
07-22-2011, 01:13 AM
i love threads like this where each guy is using something different. :)

i wonder how may posts before someone uses the same thing?

BShaffer
07-22-2011, 01:23 AM
heres another different one, I use alot of PRE-M. Alot of people think it is harsh on plant but I have never had any issues. and its cheap.

White Gardens
07-22-2011, 01:57 AM
heres another different one, I use alot of PRE-M. Alot of people think it is harsh on plant but I have never had any issues. and its cheap.

What?

There is a reason for max application rates, and that's soil toxicity. Nothing to do with the plants, but for all wildlife and pets around homes.

greendoctor
07-22-2011, 03:48 AM
I use most of the ones mentioned except for Pre M and I use Ronstar Flo. Knowing what target weeds and which plants may be treated safely with each is another story. For most ornamental areas not planted with annuals, I like Dimension + Gallery. Yes, this is expensive. But not as expensive as a control failure.

aird208
07-23-2011, 02:25 AM
been using Dimension 2EW and its getting pretty expensive, what are you using?

Just curious how much you are paying, we use Dimension 2EW and Gallery 75DF.

bx24
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Just curious how much you are paying, we use Dimension 2EW and Gallery 75DF.

Dim2EW is, at least for me about the same price as the old dim 5+years ago..)2.5g) wise...

bx24
07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
What?

There is a reason for max application rates, and that's soil toxicity. Nothing to do with the plants, but for all wildlife and pets around homes.

sure but the guy was just stated what works for him and maybe others. I like Pre-M better for weeds then Dim..

BShaffer
08-17-2011, 09:50 PM
What?

White Gardens, not real sure what your talking about?!? If your going to attempt to slam somebody you should bring sound science and logic to your argument. Pre-M is something I use, and it works for me. you dont have to use it. IS the climate in Bloomington, IL even remotely close to New Orleans? Probably not, just like green doctor uses flowable ronstar. I have used fert with ronstar many times, but would never use flowable. Our climate isnt conducive to it. Its a product that probably works great for him not me.

02 BS in Horticulture
04 MS in Plant Pathology

White Gardens
08-17-2011, 11:31 PM

That one word is what I was referring to. Makes it sound like he wasn't concerned with the label and it's directions. Yes he might just making a general statement but it can be taken the wrong way, and maybe I did.

I use Pre-Em for my beds, never said it was a "bad" thing.

White Gardens
08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
This is what I caught out of your post.

White Gardens, not real sure what your talking about?!? If your going to attempt to slam somebody you should bring sound science and logic to your blah blah, bla blah blah, bla bla, buh, bla bub bla ba.

02 Blah Blah
04 Bu Blah Blah

:waving::p

BShaffer
08-18-2011, 11:00 AM
This is what I caught out of your post.

:waving::p

Best of luck to ya
Posted via Mobile Device