PDA

View Full Version : Who's Ztr Has The Most Hours?

IBGreen
10-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Lets hear it guys, what ztr do you have and how many hours are on it? I seen a 25 hp 42" deck Walker today with almost 3,000 hours on it. It still performed really good and they are trying to sell it. And for the price it would pay for itself in a week! So who has the most hours?

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

mowngrow
10-19-2002, 07:39 PM
who owns the walker with 3000 hors on it and how much do they want?

Flex-Deck
10-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I have a 332 JD Garden tractor with a 16HP 3 cylinder Yanmar Diesel with 5085 Hrs on it and it uses no oil - purrs like a kitten - Sounds like it did the day I bought it. -

I have an eXmark WB Hydro which would be kind of like a ZTR - wiht 6.2 hrs on it.

Thanks, Brad

KenH
10-19-2002, 08:12 PM
I have a SCAG STHM hydro rider with about 2800 hours and still going strong. No major probs. to speak of. (Knocking on wood.)

Swampbeast
10-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Well, since I am fairly new at this, (going on my third year) I dont have any old mowers. My mowers all have about 700 hours or so. I do have a friend that has a freakishly old SCAG gear drive mower, we dont even know how many horspower (you cant tell!) that has exactly 7248 hours on it. That thing just wont die! I think he is fixing to shoot it so he can get a new one. :gunsfirin

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 08:37 PM
You want hours? Buy Kohler or diesel powered mowers.

Look up a thread calles the 2000 hour club. (I think that is the name of it)

stang358
10-19-2002, 11:45 PM
You want hours? I have a 1987 John Deere(Bunton) 48" gear drive wb with 12.5 HP Kaw on it with over 9500 hours on it. Never done any major work to it and only replaced 1 spindle bearing. Just change belts, oil and filter and keep her lubed. Just gave ol Hoppy a fresh paint job last winter. It is an absolute workhorse! Never been a fan of Deere but since it really isn't a deere, I guess I can love it!;)

IBGreen
10-20-2002, 12:55 AM
The Walker is a Cleave Addie, somebody just traded it in. I was running the 48" 26 hp efi and seen it. I thought man, that thing has made someone some money. I talked to the guy about it and he said they may use it there or they may sell it. I asked how much, he wasn't sure so he didn't say but I'm thinking around two thousand or so. He fired it up and it sounded good. I hope I could get this thing. It would pay for itself in no time and it would do wonders for fall clean up. It had the low profile all terrain type tires on it and it looked like the 9.5 catcher on it.

Mowwithhustler's
10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
i have a hustler 1500 shortcut 23.0hp kawasakie engien we balt it in 00 and it already has 7200 hours on it weve only replaced the engien twice lol just picking nah they both only have 230 hrs on them some hwere around that

LAWNGODFATHER
10-24-2002, 08:24 PM
i have a hustler 1500 shortcut 23.0hp kawasakie engien we balt it in 00 and it already has 7200 hours on it weve only replaced the engien twice lol just picking nah they both only have 230 hrs on them some hwere around that

I have a Hustler 1500 Shortcut, 23hp Kawisaki engine. We bought it in 2000 and it already has 7200 hours on it, we've only replaced the engine twice. LOL Just Joking. They both only have 230 hours on them, some where around that.

You sure you are 18?

Now that we have decyphered you post, you said "I have a" then you said "they both" which is it 1 or 2?

230 hours is chicken feed in 3 seasons. 76 hours a season.

Mow&Snow
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
LOL:)

Swampbeast
10-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Well, I have a question. I am 20, and I put about 460 hours on one of my mowers this year, how does that compare to you guys? How many hours do you put on your mowers a year? Just curious. :cool:
And hey, Mowwithhustlers is probably on this site so he can learn from everyone so he can fix the problem of only 76 hours a season. :D

Green Pastures
10-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Just think, your tax $$ goes to send that boy to school. :angry:

Scott

LAWNGODFATHER
10-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Not my tax money:angry: ....Where the heck is 28465 anyways?

Not to piss the new guy off, but time for some learning.

What was the topic again?:rolleyes:

gene gls
10-24-2002, 10:49 PM
My Walker has 2606 hours as of today.
Gene

f350
10-24-2002, 10:55 PM
"my mower is better
i have a hustler 1500 shortcut 23.0hp kawasakie engien we balt it in 00 and it already has 7200 hours on it weve only replaced the engien twice lol just picking nah they both only have 230 hrs on them some hwere around that"

i am now dumber just reading your post....

also now that i realize you are the future of my country, i am going to eat this entire bottle of excedrin chased by a bottle of vodka,

i do belive al quida's messages have less encryption

Mow&Snow
10-24-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Not my tax money:angry: ....Where the heck is 28465 anyways?

Oak Island, NC according to my zipcode program:D

Vibe Ray
10-25-2002, 01:35 AM
"my mower is better
i have a hustler 1500 shortcut 23.0hp kawasakie engien we balt it in 00 and it already has 7200 hours on it weve only replaced the engien twice lol just picking nah they both only have 230 hrs on them some hwere around that"

TRANSLATED for you slow folks:

I got you ALL beat! We bought a Hustler 1500 Shortcut w/ 23HP Kaw back in 2000. The thing already has 7200 hours on it! Believe it or not, we've only had to replace the engine twice! LOL, I'm just messin' with ya! But seriously though folks, both of MY mowers only have about 230 hours or so on 'em!

You have to learn to read between the lines people.....LGF, You may have interpreted his post LITERALLY, but you have to throw in some common sense to figure out what he was really saying, not just focusing on the words. If you truly, honestly just CAN'T figure out what he's saying or just don't like his style, then just ignore his post.....but don't make fun of him.

MOW ED
10-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by IBGreen
Lets hear it guys, what ztr do you have and how many hours are on it? I seen a 25 hp 42" deck Walker today with almost 3,000 hours on it. It still performed really good and they are trying to sell it.

What they didn't tell you is that is the 6th Kohler 25 on there and they didn't replace the hour meter.

If this truly is the case then I would contact Kohler and tell them. They might want to take this motor out and clone it and sell it as a 25.5HP.
I could honestly say that I have never heard of a 25 doin this much time.

Bill Davis
10-25-2002, 09:53 AM
Hey IB i tried calling you at the number you left me and It said you were unavailable every time. I found someone else to do the work but get your cell phone working and call me back because i have some good work lined up for next week!! and beware of Cleave Addie. I know of too many people that have had problems out there and the owner (Craig) is a jerk!!!

corban
10-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Since when did LawnSite become a grammatical competition? I find it ironic that each post trying to criticize bad spelling or grammar has similar mistakes of its own. I understand that it is important for us to type well enough to be understood, but give the guy a break. Also, why are you slamming someone for not putting many hours on a machine? Have you ever heard of part-time?

p.s. Hey LawnGodFather, "decyphered" uses an "i" not a "y". Way to sound smart with big words. Think before you judge.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 01:06 PM
He he, I was going to point something of similar consequence out, :D but then I noticed that my posts had screw ups as well, so I decided to keep my mouth shut. He he!
Wasnt it Bejamin Franklin that said, "it is better to let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"? Ha ha ha! :) :cool:

Green Pastures
10-25-2002, 01:23 PM
I have to say this, I've been trying to stay out of it.

There is a fine line between making the occasional grammatical or occasional spelling error, but come on. This guy's post was filled with mistakes. Not just typo's either. Come on, "balt" when you mean bought? There is absolutely NO punctuation, it's just one long run on sentence. It's hard to read post's like that.

Get a grip, if you are concerned with his self esteem, tutor him on the weekends with his spelling and grammar. If you're willing to air your laundry in a public forum, get ready to have people critique the stains your washer failed to get out.

Course this is just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

Scott

LB Landscaping
10-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Green Pastures, I love it!!!!LOL

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Vibe Ray
If you truly, honestly just CAN'T figure out what he's saying or just don't like his style, then just ignore his post.....but don't make fun of him. How many people on here do you think just can't figure out what he just said? Way to many.

Making fun of him, not me...:rolleyes:

Am I pissed at this wonderful school system we have, you bet your AZZZ!:angry:

corban, who is slamming anyone? I "KNOW" it wasn't me.:angel:

ED I have many 25hp Kohlers with over 2000 and a few over 4000 hours, but the damn hour meter companies need to figure out why they wont last that long. I wish I had put tiny-tac's on each one.

The engines you are referring to are a series of lemons they put out, the problems have been resolved since then.