PDA

View Full Version : Heres my new baby !

TurfPro
10-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Well I'm a poppa !
I picked it up this Friday and must say I'm impressed,,,it's a 52" Lazer HP with a 23hp Kohler.

BTW: Does anyone here have the striping roller installed on their 52" HP ? I'd like your impressions of it along with some pics if possible.
Thanks

captdevo
10-19-2002, 06:42 PM
looks good...how much?

where'd ya get it?

ksland
10-19-2002, 06:48 PM
I see a ding on the deck, I would return it, must be a lemon ;)

Not sure if its your first ZTR but if it is practice those turns without ripping turf. Really hard to get the hang of. And watch out for hills while going sideways on em. You'll be at the bottom quicker than you can say $#!@# :p

TurfPro
10-19-2002, 06:57 PM
ksland, Hehe,,yea I need some "Exmark Red" paint ;)
It's not my 1st ZTR but it is the best one I've had so-far! As far as the hills go,,well I've yet to slide down one yet,,this thing sticks to a hill like stink on a monkey,,,,but I'm sure it's possible.

Captdevo,
I bought it local for $6350.00 with Exmarks free mulch kit promo.

The only flaw I've noticed is both the armrests have 1/4" holes rubbed in them on the lower part,,I didn't notice this when I picked it up but a buddy of mine pointed it out for me,,,,but Terry is doing some investigating into this for me.

mdb landscaping
10-19-2002, 07:13 PM
looks good. let me know how that cupholder works out. i always wondered if i really need a cupholder on my lazer, but have yet to find it beneficial to warrant buying one. let me know if you use it. Good luck with your new mower.

bubble boy
10-19-2002, 07:17 PM
NICE-the exact Z i anticipate getting when the props permit

if i recall, john gamba mentioned a roller in a recent thread? the striping one i think:confused:

Swampbeast
10-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Very sweet! He he! I had a cup holder on my ZTR, I didnt like it because I would always put my Sonic Route 44 size styrofoam cup in it and it would be covered in dust and grass, no thanks! I took it off. :alien:

rvsuper
10-19-2002, 07:19 PM
I was looking at the striping roller on eXmarks web page and there are a few photos of the stripes with the E-Z Striping Kit:

rvsuper
10-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Another:

TurfPro
10-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Well,I know that my stripes will never look that defined because
all we have here are warm season grasses such as Centipede
and Bermuda,ST Augustene ,etc.....but any improvement would be nice.
BTW,,all I've used the cup holer for is any stray debris I missed
during pre-cleanup,,,,hmmm,,,I guess I need to try a drink in there sometime;)

Also,speaking of debris,where can you buy one of those debris bags that mount on your mower? That would come in handy.......................

Randy Scott
10-19-2002, 07:42 PM
I have the striping roller on my 60". Works great, a quality piece, greaseable, and helps tremendously with preventing any scalping because it basically provides you with an anti-scalp wheel the width of the deck. Expensive, but may seperate your work from the guy next door.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Uza medium sized poppa.

Your new offspring, I hope she don't look too much like you and more like mama.

I wouldn't worry about the scuffed paint on the side most of it will be gone in a matter of weeks on that side of the deck.

TurfPro
10-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Yea,those scuff marks are all me,,,,,,,,,,,,,:o

greenman
10-19-2002, 08:18 PM
...picked it up Friday, and you have already had it out in the rain!:eek:

SLS
10-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Yep...she's a beaut alright!

About the scuff on the deck:

You'll be glad you took pictures of her while she is new. I did the same thing when I brought my 60" home last spring....and you ought to see her now! :eek:

But I suppose if I were rode hard, in dirty conditions, for 900 hours I wouldn't look too fresh either. ;)

Congrats on the new baby. I hope she is as good for you as mine has been for me so far. :)

jsr2741
10-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Kick butt machine. Maybe someay I'll own one. By the way, how many times have you washed and waxed it. ahahaha! Looks good.

Steve

Westbrooklawn
10-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Good luck with your new purchase. I have a 48" (works great for size props I have), and I love it.

Funny thing in the ex-mark striping picture......the mower has obviously been driven back onto the lawn after the job was done. It's heading in the wrong direction for the stripe it's sitting on!!!

Westbrooklawn
10-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Oop's ......I lied, after looking again it is on the right stripe. I just wish manufacturers would show pictures where the mower is actually in the middle of the job though.....i.e. cut grass behind the mower and uncut grass in front of it. The type of pictures they always show on brochures makes you feel like it was staged and groomed to perfection before they used it for an add!!

TurfPro
10-20-2002, 08:13 PM
mdb landscaping,
I tried the cup holder today,,to hold a drink,,not trash,;) and it worked pretty good,,,but it's been wet here so dust may be an issue when doing the "dirty work" of leaves or dry periods.

Anyone use debris bags on their mowers? That may help me break the habit of using my cupholder as a trash barrel.:p

Bill Davis
10-20-2002, 08:29 PM
your new machine looks great. I have the exact same thing except I have the 23 hp Kaw. I have been extremely happy with my purchase so far. I made a striping roller for mine. Just email me and I will give you my simple instructions. Good luck.

Doogiegh
10-21-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey,
That's what I want!! Great machine.. That is my goal for like 2 years from now.. Enough larger properties to warrant something just like that. I have the 32" Metro and a 44" woods I just picked up.. not a great striping mower, but good enough for now.. The 52 would be awesome.

Looks like your price was good as well.

Here's a link to a website that posts their retails online..

http://www.powerzoneinc.com/exmark-pr.htm

If you look at your 52 with the 23 kohler, I believe they list it for $7300.. so $6300 is a full $1000 lower.. Makes me happy to hear what kind of deals are out there. :)

Best of luck,
Gary

Swampbeast
10-21-2002, 12:25 AM
I just put a black trash bag between my feet, and I have one of those long reach grabber thing'ys that you see old people with all the time, that way I can just stop, reach down with it, and put the trash in the bag. Its really easy, and it dont cost much. :cool:

SLS
10-21-2002, 03:41 AM
I save those plastic bags that all the stores are using now. I just hang one on the deck lift handle and once its full I tie the handles in a loose knot and toss it into the back of my truck...then grab another one. Then I empty them into the big trash cans at the gas station when I'm filling up my machines. Being that I fill up about every other day I only have 2 or 3 bags to empty each time. Once the bags start to become ratty, or the 'handle' breaks, I toss the whole thing. I guess you could say that I'm recycling with free disposable debris bags! Gotta watch that overhead you know........:D

Maybe you could hang one off of your fancy-schmancy cup holder. ;)

John Gamba
10-21-2002, 06:47 AM
Turf Pro
Here Is One with OUT The Roller. The Next One will Have It.
John.

John Gamba
10-21-2002, 06:52 AM
Hope This Help's.
john.

TurfPro
10-21-2002, 07:06 AM
SLS,
Hehe,,, yea the good 'ol blue store bags would prolly work fine,but I just can't bring myself to hang one of those off my mower...;)

John Gamba, looks real nice!

ceaman
10-21-2002, 07:27 AM
I have the exmark roller on my 52 and love it.... stripes great and works good as an anti scalp roller too.

Blessed 1
10-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by TurfPro
Well,I know that my stripes will never look that defined because
all we have here are warm season grasses such as Centipede
and Bermuda,ST Augustene ,etc.....but any improvement would be nice.
BTW,,all I've used the cup holer for is any stray debris I missed
during pre-cleanup,,,,hmmm,,,I guess I need to try a drink in there sometime;)

Also,speaking of debris,where can you buy one of those debris bags that mount on your mower? That would come in handy.......................

Congrats on your New Baby. I got my debris bas at:

http://www.wechapps.com/home/index.html

Check out the Exmark Page........:D

SLS
10-21-2002, 11:10 AM
TurfPro,

I guess I'm lucky...the two grocery stores I frequent use white bags, as well as the Home Cheepo and Lowes here.

There used to be a local grocery here called "Piggly-Wiggly" that had white bags with a happy, smiling pig (printed in red) on them. I hated it it when they sold out to a bigger chain...those were my favorite bags! They were of a heavier construction, and a bit larger, than the usual bag...plus the pig was just too cute. :cry:

I wouldn't want to use a blue bag on my lazer either. Not only is the color not coordinated to the rest of the machine...but it also projects a painful 'sublimal' image...like, "owww...I've been riding this mower for so long that my bags are blue!". :eek:

"Blue bags" are to be avoided at ALL costs! ;)

LAWNGODFATHER
10-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by SLS
I wouldn't want to use a blue bag on my lazer either. Not only is the color not coordinated to the rest of the machine...but it also projects a painful 'sublimal' image...like, "owww...I've been riding this mower for so long that my bags are blue!". :eek:

"Blue bags" are to be avoided at ALL costs! ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!

I wouldn't want Blue Sacks either...........

Swampbeast
10-21-2002, 10:22 PM
Naw, I like the cute little piggy ones to, but they just dont hog enough trash to suite me............:D