PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn how to build small to medium retaining walls

Barrett Landscaping
06-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I own a growing landscaping company and have requests from several of my clients to build either landscaping planters that are around 4' or minor retaining walls. Does anyone have a book that they would suggest I look into? Im not wanting to build the great wall of china but need some more info on the basics.

scagrider22
06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
I own a growing landscaping company and have requests from several of my clients to build either landscaping planters that are around 4' or minor retaining walls. Does anyone have a book that they would suggest I look into? Im not wanting to build the great wall of china but need some more info on the basics.

Sorry, no books! You need to learn by doing. The only way I recommend learning is to get a job with a "landscaper". Sorry Barett Lawn care, I know that's not the answer you were looking for but it's the only good one.

TomG
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Some of these might be useful especially the 4th one down. I don't own any of them so I can't say for sure.

https://secure.ncma.org/source/orders/index.cfm

ox6603
07-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Check out EP Henry's website. There is tons of great installation info to be found there. I would imagine some of the other manufacturers have good info as well. Ask your supply yard for their rep's info, call the rep and see what info they can send you. A good rep will be more than happy to send you installation info and specs for their products.

Take the NCMA SRW installation course.