PDA

View Full Version : Interesting call

Plantculture
06-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Had a guy call for me to apply 2 pallets of Fertilizer to a jungle type landscape. I thought this was a red flag for someone to buy that much of their own fert. So not surprisingly the guy does not like my price even though it has to be done by hand.
So then I check out his place on google maps to see how big it is and its probably about 1/2 acre.
Considering that most common palm ferts are 8-2-12 or 13-3-13.
Thats close to 14 pounds N per 1000.
To make it worse, the guy's property fronts an estuary.
Just another example of a reckless Homeowner. I have no doubt that he'll find some laborers to apply the fert for a few bucks a bag.

Florida Gardener
06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Did you get that account in Seminole?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a nut from one of his own trees. What exactly was his goal? Does he even understand there is a limit to what a plant will take up and use? That just sounds like pollution and waste at its finest.
Posted via Mobile Device

agrostis
07-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Two pallets of fertilizer would weigh 4000 Lbs. Is that what you meant to say?

South Florida Lawns
07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
No wonder why our water is so f***ed up round here, idiots like this.

greendoctor
07-02-2011, 04:06 AM
4000 lb on 1/2 acre? That is crazy. What is even crazier is that this nutcase was allowed to even order this much. I don't know about Florida, but in Hawaii, fertilizer and pesticide vendors do not welcome business from homeowners or other unqualified people. I do know that it would have been damn near impossible for Timothy McVeigh to get a hold of 4000 lb of ammonium nitrate unless he stole it. Sales to the trade only.

Ric
07-02-2011, 07:21 AM
4000 lb on 1/2 acre? That is crazy. What is even crazier is that this nutcase was allowed to even order this much. I don't know about Florida, but in Hawaii, fertilizer and pesticide vendors do not welcome business from homeowners or other unqualified people. I do know that it would have been damn near impossible for Timothy McVeigh to get a hold of 4000 lb of ammonium nitrate unless he stole it. Sales to the trade only.

Green

Right after 9/11 we had to sign our life away to get ""McVeigh Nitrogen"". Then if we bought a certain amount Homeland security was supposed to be on our case. McVeigh Nitrogen is fast release with a lot of Burn potential in more ways than one. Therefore I don't use a whole lot in a years time. But today there seems to be no restrictions on it and I no longer sign for it.

greendoctor
07-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Homeland Security must have caught all of the terrorists and are bored now because my vendors are now getting shaken down for potassium nitrate. None of them will bother even selling ammonium nitrate any more. I would think that Hawaii is at low risk for another Oklahoma City happening because the longstanding policy in Hawaii was sales to the trade only. I have been in Agrium when some DIY jackazz wanted to buy something and was asked for a GET license, contractor's license and DOA liciense after being asked if they had a current account with Agrium. Which is why the way TSC and Lesco do things is totally foreign to me.

Ric
07-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Homeland Security must have caught all of the terrorists and are bored now because my vendors are now getting shaken down for potassium nitrate. None of them will bother even selling ammonium nitrate any more. I would think that Hawaii is at low risk for another Oklahoma City happening because the longstanding policy in Hawaii was sales to the trade only. I have been in Agrium when some DIY jackazz wanted to buy something and was asked for a GET license, contractor's license and DOA liciense after being asked if they had a current account with Agrium. Which is why the way TSC and Lesco do things is totally foreign to me.

Green

I was trying not to list the ingredients of Gun Powder and Nitroglycerin by calling them McVeigh Nitrogen. But why sweat it when the Media has given all the details. The truth of the matter is I could make the 4th of July go bang big time if I just mixed what I have in my Fertilizer Barn.

Univar is one chemical supplier that will not sell to the general public here in Florida. I know of no others that won't sell to any one. E bay has a long list of RUP products they will ship anywhere, which really blows my mind.

White Gardens
07-02-2011, 11:01 PM
What's the odds this idiot was trying to get it to turn around and go apply it on other properties?