PDA

View Full Version : weed control in zoysia and bermuda

new pro
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
What are good options for weed suppression in zoysia and bermuda? other than msma? I am using a low volume sprayer.

cgaengineer
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
What are good options for weed suppression in zoysia and bermuda? other than msma? I am using a low volume sprayer.

Well I wouldn't use MSMA for broadleaf weed control...there are many more safer alternatives. Celcius, 3way....

WestGaPineStraw
06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Momentum fx2 works well
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I love Celcius for most things

benjammin
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I've used Image with good results.

Think Green
07-01-2011, 03:59 PM
New Pro,
Be more specific because you aren't too far from me and our biggest problems are: Crab, dallis, prostrate spurge, sedge, buttonweed, kyllinga, creeping charlie, knotweed in most residential lawns.

Pre emerge applications at appropriate times for us in the transition zone is critical. Then the rest is timed post applications before it gets too hot for most post emerge products. At current time; the use of (MSMA and Image) will prove to be catastrophic unless your lawns are irrigated and fertilized. Even then the chances of smoking either turf type is inevitable.
Just as others have stated, their is more safer remedies on the market now.

PM me after you get a few more posts and comments under your belt for some close advice.

benjammin
07-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I've used Image with (irrigation and properly fertilized, strong, virgorous growing turf and gotten) good results.

edited for clarification

new pro
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Appreciate you post. am getting a later start in this than ideal. know some that are using pre emerge without very good results. thinking with this late start that post emerge with fert is the route to go until the fall pre emerge time schedule. any advice on this or is my thinking in line?