PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a 36" Honda wb?

IBGreen
10-19-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm a huge Honda fan I have a 21" wb that I love. (as much as you can love a 21" wb) But I just figured out that they made a 36" and a 48" commercial wb! I was asking about them when I first started cutting last year and everyone said they just quit making them. I am going to buy a 36". I also can't wait until the new (more commercial) grade Honda 4- stroke trimmer comes out. So let me know if any of you have them like em or hate em. The only thing I don't like from the pics are the controls, they are the ones like the Toros have.

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

greenman
10-19-2002, 11:50 PM
IBGreen - do a search. You'll find that they are not that great. If ou want a Honda motor, I think Hustler has one on their mower.

IBGreen
10-19-2002, 11:56 PM
They aren't that good? Damn I knew it!

LAWNGODFATHER
10-20-2002, 02:50 AM
What's a four letter word that starts with a "J" and ends with a "K"?

If you de decide to buy a Honda Hydro, better find a welding friend reeeeeal fast.

scagman
10-20-2002, 03:30 AM
The 36" Gear drive is junk, it has no braking at all. As for the hydros they are awsome. I used the 48" hydro with a 13 hp for a whole seaon with no problems. The 13 Hp was actually fine for the mower, a little underpowered but, sufficient.

Richard Martin
10-20-2002, 04:23 AM
IBGREEN wrote:

everyone said they just quit making them.

I am going to buy a 36".

Why would you buy a mower that you know is no longer in production? I would think that spare parts could be a problem. Just finding a dealer who stocks parts could be a nightmare.

IBGreen
10-20-2002, 11:44 AM
They do make them, thats what the whole post was about.

Richard Martin
10-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Oh, you should have said that then. Everything in your original post was past tense instead of present tense which lead me to believe that they are no longer made.

IBGreen
10-20-2002, 12:26 PM
Sorry" made" and "make" are almost spelled the same.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-20-2002, 02:16 PM
NO!!

Honda left the commercial WB market the bigining of last spring.

There are still mowers available because they are in wharehouses.

They are not made anymore.

Scotlawncare
10-20-2002, 10:58 PM
36" honda's are ok as far as cut. I bought 65Hoss's mower that was about a few months old. Carb leaked alot and would clog alot. Parts are very expensive and Take forever to get in. the motor does not have enough power. Controls are hard to get used to. Replaceing trans belts is a SERIOUS Pain. spindles are VERY EXPENSIVE ($200 each). running the mower with a sulky puts the weight distribution way off.

I did like the true reverse instead of a reverse assist for a gear drive, and the handles being up on top vs stuck way out like the pistol grips. protects your hands from sticker bushes along fence lines.

MHO on the larger deck honda's is JUNK. Get a 36" Exmark Metro and be happier with the true commercial quality.

Scot

greenman
10-20-2002, 11:29 PM
IBGreen - Im still waiting on you to try out my Exmark Metro. I promise you that you will be hooked on Exmark,lol. As far as Honda 21"fan, I used to be. The motors on the 21"s will last forever. Now I am partial to the toro Proline 21" w/2 stroke. It will mulch circles around that Honda.

geogunn
10-21-2002, 11:05 AM
they are heavy and not as powerful.

GEO

Scotlawncare
10-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by geogunn
they are heavy and not as powerful.

GEO

Geo,

I hate to tell you but Honda's new 4 stroke that they will be coming out with Has alot of power. I'd almost say more than my stihl Fs85. I demo'ed it at the Expo and I was REALLY impressed. I could not bog it down pushing it into a hay bail. and it is real real light.

I'm a die hard stihl fan but I'm going to seriously think about that honda when it comes out.

Scot

65hoss
10-22-2002, 12:20 AM
The new honda prototype trimmer at the expo was extremely powerful and light. It weighs about the same as a FS85.

ProMo
10-22-2002, 08:01 AM
i had a 36 honda for about 5 years I thought it cut better than my exmark, the deck was a little on the heavy side didnt notice until i got a new machine, I never did see another one except 1 in a pawn shops parking lot. It was an easy machine to work on most of the parts i replaced on it were from my blown scag ztr(pulleys spindles etc)