PDA

View Full Version : I got to meet the man himself!!! A visit from....

grassman177
07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Larry! from American Lawn right here on our forum.

Wanted to let all you know he is a swell guy, seriously, and funny too.

He stopped by on travel and got to take a look at our operation(me dad got to see his not too long ago while in Des Moines) and I got to show him some of my great accounts.

was a great but short time and the guy is good people, i dont care what they say:laugh:

Happy 4th weekend everyone and god bless AMERICA:usflag:

jasontimm
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
He is really a great guy, and a good ****!! He's one of those guys that would give you the shirt off his back if needed.

turf hokie
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
That's awesome that he stopped to see you guys on his trip to Alaska,!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
he is not going to alaska, but i will leave that story up to him if he wishes. i even got a pic that i dare not post, we are too ugly for this forum!

kbrashears
07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Gonna take a long time rscp'n that T-3K wonder machine all the way to AK.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
07-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey...I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Anyway, Ralph's Dad took this pic of grassman & me. (I'm the geeky-looking guy on the left) I tried to visit Buddy Rogers & Son earlier, but I couldn't get a 'pass' until now. It made me mad cuz I just live right behind them...note the razor wire in the background. :laugh:

I was very impressed with grassman's operation as well as their facilities. Their office building is new & extremely clean. They even have an air conditioned area where they work on equipment. Nuther thing that impressed me was the quality of equipment. They never buy cheap stuff. It's all top-of-the-line. Lots of very nice mowers, trucks, trailers, spray rigs, etc. They even had a (my favorite) Z-Spray Intermediate. IMO these guys know what equipment to buy to get the job done.

We also drove around Leavenworth to see several properties he takes care of. He also showed me properties with Imprellis damage.

Thanks very much buddy. Even though it was over 100 degrees, I enjoyed every minute. :usflag::usflag:

grassman177
07-04-2011, 08:07 PM
it was fantastic larry, likewise.

i got to meet MOTurkey who is visiting here today. he is a mowing guy down by springfield, MO. pretty cool dude and enjoyed a great conversation.

so, how was the trip and who and what else did you visit?

a plus bob
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope you offered him a glass of Kool-Aid Ralph :drinkup: :laugh:

rcreech
07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I have met Larry and talk to him on the phone from time to time

He is really a great guy!

We have out disagreements but I still respect him a lot!

Once he starts talk n bout t-3000s u might as well just quit posting though

Lol

Hes got a pretty good business going
Posted via Mobile Device

Service 1st Lawn Care
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
He is really a great guy, and a good ****!! He's one of those guys that would give you the shirt off his back if needed.

If it's the shirt in the picture no thanks he can keep it. LOL!:laugh:

grassman177
07-06-2011, 07:30 AM
good ones fellas

i agree though, not the shirt for me, but suits larry just fine!

a plus bob
07-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Larry I hope you ate some BBQ while you where there. Ralph claims they have the best BBQ around! I think I am going to visit him some time so I can find out for my self.

grassman177
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
nope, no food for us, just visiting.

there is some serious bbq here though for sure, i mean, it is KC bbq afterall around these parts>!!!!

we have a great place just down the street from the shop too.

americanlawn
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
a plus bob -- Ralph was too cheap to offer me food. :laugh: Actually it was too hot to think about hot food (110 heat index). Plus I had to keep moving, cuz I ended up driving about 1200 miles.

grassman - After "gittin' out of Leavenworth", I drove to Independance, Missouri to visit another LS bud. Then I went to Webb City/Joplin, Missouri to visit Ray & his lovely wife. Then I went to Fort Smith, Arkansas/Oklahoma to visit relatives. Then I went to Fayetteville, Arkansas to visit more relatives. Then I went to Branson, Missouri. Then I drove back to Des Moines, IA.

p.s. Thanks for the Buddy Rogers cap. :waving:

grassman177
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
sure thing dude, sounds like a great trip. i wish i could road trip instead of working in this damn summer heat and water air. by the way, go our 4th zpray delivered and off the pallet. wow, made lots of great changes since we last ordered one two years ago! i will have to post pics soon. it is nice!!!!