PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Area Exmark Dealer Recommendation?

07-02-2011, 08:52 AM
In my area, there are three Exmark dealers nearby. I'm interested in getting a Lazer Z.

Train & Saw
JKL Landscaping
5 Star in Kissimmee

Are all about the same for service and ZTR pricing or does one stand out over the rest?

thanks Vince

Keith
07-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I hate to recommend anyone. I went through an Exmark "experience" back in '03 with a couple Orlando dealers. I don't know JKL. I do know 5 Star. I would go with Trail Saw just because they have been there forever and had Exmark for at least 15 years.

07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the tip
V

a clear difference lawn
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Landscape supply company on OBT. Awesome shop - very professional.
http://www.landscapesupplyinc.net/products/power/power.html

Landscape Poet
07-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Landscape supply company on OBT. Awesome shop - very professional.
http://www.landscapesupplyinc.net/products/power/power.html

Out of all the ones that have been mentioned I know that I have been in this one. I have to agree very sharp and very professional shop from what I have seen.

Clear - got a call from one of your new clients thanks to your referral for sod. Thanks I appreciate it.

Landscape Poet
07-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Clear - got a call from one of your new clients thanks to your referral for sod. Thanks I appreciate it.

Clear, your guy is invested with chinch bug front and back lawn. I called Walter from Able Lawn Spray and another company that I use to get under control. Told him I would be back in a week or two after treatment to get accurate measurements after the rest of the damage is present.
He was asking about different grass types. I mentioned Zoysia and he seemed like he was interested. Do you have any other Zoysia lawns?

a clear difference lawn
07-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Clear, your guy is invested with chinch bug front and back lawn. I called Walter from Able Lawn Spray and another company that I use to get under control. Told him I would be back in a week or two after treatment to get accurate measurements after the rest of the damage is present.
He was asking about different grass types. I mentioned Zoysia and he seemed like he was interested. Do you have any other Zoysia lawns?

I just picked that lawn up the other day - have only been there once. I had an idea he had bugs - they seem to be making a comeback in this community. I have two lawns that are all zoysia and a couple with zoysia in the front and mixed grasses in the back.

07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Landscape Supply it is then!

thanks for the help

Vince

Landscape Poet
07-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I just picked that lawn up the other day - have only been there once. I had an idea he had bugs - they seem to be making a comeback in this community. I have two lawns that are all zoysia and a couple with zoysia in the front and mixed grasses in the back.

Let me see what the damage is after he is sprayed. If it gets much worse he will not have much SA worth trying to save so Zoysia might be a good option given the last two season of chinch bug damage in that neighborhood. If he stays with a good L and O, either will do.
Shoot me a PM with your number and I will let you know what is going on, cool.

mjlcare2
07-09-2011, 11:00 PM
The Mower Shop on Goldenrod are great guys and have better prices than Landscape Supply

Landscape Poet
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
The Mower Shop on Goldenrod are great guys and have better prices than Landscape Supply

Not sure that I would agree with that...maybe on the exmark stuff....but I have visited them twice during the WINTER looking for better deals on mowers. This year when I was there they had the Big Dog mowers made by Hustler/Excel at a higher price than what I could pick up a Hustler at other dealers, they were not willing to come to more realistic prices. They do not seem to get to fired up about getting right over to help you either the couple of times I have been there. Since they carry Shini I went to price some parts for my eb630, the guy behind the counter acted like I was asking him to pull his toenails when I was asking for the price of parts. I understand that a back pack pad and some other simple things are not going to help him make record breaking sales...but hell money is mony. Sounds like you have had a difference experience with them?

mjlcare2
07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
No actually that is the exact same service I received when I went there. I had a worse experience with the guys at Landscape supply just trying to buy SOD from them. They used to be the only place I'd go in Orlando but since the owner called my partner a liar regarding a price we were quoted by one of his salesmen on 16 pallets of Floratam I wont go back. Even once we produced the estimate in writing he failed to apologize and make hold true to the quote given.. It was a matter of Normal price $101 per pallet x quoted price $99 per pallet.. Anyway.. No, "the Mower Shop" on Goldenrod isn't much better but I have found you can barter a little more with the guys there on price.. They deff have their off days where they don't care to help you one bit but there are only a few dealers in the area to work with..

On a side note, the BEST dealer I have found in the East Orlando area is Eastside Mower on SR50 out towards Bithlo... EXCELLENT team there, family owned and operated. Prices are EXTREMELY fair and will help you with any problems regardless of make, model, age, etc. They are Stihl and Toro dealers but hopefully with some persuasion from the lawn mowing community will move to Exmark.. For any repair work they charge $25 to look it over and get you an estimate on a fix. And then the $25 goes toward your repair charge. They charge a $1 a minute but I've never had a bill over $100 from them including parts. They found an aftermarket carb that fits the Stihl machines for half the price.. cant beat that!

Landscape Poet
07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
On a side note, the BEST dealer I have found in the East Orlando area is Eastside Mower on SR50 out towards Bithlo... EXCELLENT team there, family owned and operated. Prices are EXTREMELY fair and will help you with any problems regardless of make, model, age, etc. They are Stihl and Toro dealers but hopefully with some persuasion from the lawn mowing community will move to Exmark.. For any repair work they charge $25 to look it over and get you an estimate on a fix. And then the $25 goes toward your repair charge. They charge a $1 a minute but I've never had a bill over $100 from them including parts. They found an aftermarket carb that fits the Stihl machines for half the price.. cant beat that!

East side is good . I didn't even think of them as I consider them in the Oviedo area not Orlando. The owners/family is outstanding on customer service. I went there over a couple times over this past winter. Good folks. If I were to leave my current dealer I would most likely change over to them.