PDA

View Full Version : I got a bid request yesterday.

capelawncare.com
07-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Yesterday I get a phone call from a management co, requesting a bid for 82 properties, all in one town. I told the guy to fax me over a list of the properties. So I started looking at his request, the properties are single families, 2-4 unit's and smaller condo complexes. Most of the property sizes are about a quarter acre.

Anyhow, the guy wants, full lawn care, landscape maintenance (including trees) and full irrigation maintenance for 5 grand a month.

Is business that bad, that anyone would contemplate taking this on????

wglyons
07-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Ugh...i figured weekly visits during the summer, and once per month in the 4 winter months, and I come up with about $25/property...My prices start at $30/visit, but only includes mowing, edging, weedeating, and blowing. Trees, shrubs, irrigation - all add-on extras...

I think this guy is living in fantasy land. I MAY consider for closer to $6k/ month...

Greg

Ric
07-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Yesterday I get a phone call from a management co, requesting a bid for 82 properties, all in one town. I told the guy to fax me over a list of the properties. So I started looking at his request, the properties are single families, 2-4 unit's and smaller condo complexes. Most of the property sizes are about a quarter acre.

Anyhow, the guy wants, full lawn care, landscape maintenance (including trees) and full irrigation maintenance for 5 grand a month.

Is business that bad, that anyone would contemplate taking this on????

Cape

While your area is just a little outside mine, For the right business I would service the Cape. However this isn't the Right Business.

5K/82 = $ 60.97 a yard, Let's not forget the 97 Cent. But you have to look at the area demographic. First Big factor is the Cape has the highest Foreclosure rate in the country. Next it has 11% unemployment. Factors like it is a bed room community with little or no industry also come into play.

Typical of Real Estate Whores, they could care less if the successful bidder is even licensed or insured and Irrigation Repair calls for a Registered License.

So to answer your Question """Is business that bad, that anyone would contemplate taking this on????""" Just read my signature.

In Edit:: You can bet your Bibbie the management company will cancel the contract come October

capelawncare.com
07-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Ugh...i figured weekly visits during the summer, and once per month in the 4 winter months, and I come up with about $25/property...My prices start at $30/visit, but only includes mowing, edging, weedeating, and blowing. Trees, shrubs, irrigation - all add-on extras...

I think this guy is living in fantasy land. I MAY consider for closer to $6k/ month...

Greg

He wants bi weekly cuts in the winter, and weekly property visits, just to check up on things.

You'd still go broke at 6k..

capelawncare.com
07-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Cape

While your area is just a little outside mine, For the right business I would service the Cape. However this isn't the Right Business.

5K/82 = $ 60.97 a yard, Let's not forget the 97 Cent. But you have to look at the area demographic. First Big factor is the Cape has the highest Foreclosure rate in the country. Next it has 11% unemployment. Factors like it is a bed room community with little or no industry also come into play.

Yea I understand, I get more inquiries for employment than I get for service.

Typical of Real Estate Whores, they could care less if the successful bidder is even licensed or insured and Irrigation Repair calls for a Registered License.

He did ask If I had insurance....LOL

So to answer your Question """Is business that bad, that anyone would contemplate taking this on????""" Just read my signature.

I cant even see a drunk with a mower, making this work for that price.

In Edit:: You can bet your Bibbie the management company will cancel the contract come October

Yea...you would probably be just getting your first invoice paid, around that time too.

Florida Gardener
07-02-2011, 03:33 PM
He wants bi weekly cuts in the winter, and weekly property visits, just to check up on things.

You'd still go broke at 6k..
I love the people that want you to show up weekly in the winter bc they think they aren't getting their money's worth....I have 2 estate homes that I go to weekly in the winter, but they pay for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

capelawncare.com
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Yea...I wouldn't mind showing up weekly to an account, if it a comma in the monthly invoice. But for sixty bucks......that's a Texas deal....El Passo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
07-07-2011, 12:36 AM
The two that I do weekly in the winter are $350 and $450/mo., respectively. Very little to do at the $350/mo. since most is grass and the $450 is just raking leaves more than anything.....

BUT, most of your year-round weeklies are usually $800/mo.+ around here.