PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Deck Lift for Walker

Green Mtn. Guy
10-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Just received the mechanical deck lift kit for my new Walker. After reading the instructions and placing the lift on the mower to see how it is going to fit, it's made me kind of nervous drilling into my almost new Walker. First of all it barely clears the throttle lever and looks like the steering levers might hit it in full reverse. It also looks like I'm going to have to bend the front lip of the seat back to accomidate the bar going across the front. Any feedback on how well these work or tips before I start drilling into my machine would help. My other question is will the lift work on the 52" deck? I'm the only one on this Island with a Walker and have never seen the 52" deck. Does this deck mulch well? It is going to be my next purchase and I'm hoping to mulch with it exclusivily. Right now I'm running the 48"GHS with the 26EFI. I rarely cut above 2" and find that the deck pushes the larger leafs. When there are alot of leaves I'll raise the front of the deck a couple of notches but when there are just scatterd leafs I thought that at the end of my stripe I would raise the deck with the lift to suck up the stragglers instead of chasing them around the yard till they get sucked under messing up my lines.

Thanks,
Kevin

captdevo
10-20-2002, 05:29 PM
congrats...

the deck lift is for 48" and smaller deck.

the deck lifts work great especially if you're jumping alot of curbs, or sucking up large piles of leaves.

the 52" deck is a great mulching deck, i use mine year round (except in snow...hmm..maybe a pusher), i cut 3-4" with doubles, no baffles. you'd have to experiment with and without baffles to see whats best for your turf type..

what seat do you have on your Walker? Walker suggests not using them with the comfort seat or the suspension seat. i have one mounted on a MT26EFIGHS with comfort seat with no problems...

the deck lifts are fairly easy to install....remember..."measure twice, drill once"

the instructions are confusing at first, read them a few times, then take your time to be correct.

the levers shouldn't hit the cross bar when pulled back.

good luck!!

Green Mtn. Guy
10-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks Captdevo for your response. I was hoping you would. I have the standard seat. Still triing to get my nerve up to start drilling. I saw a couple of days ago the mulching blades you posted to someones thread. How much more do they mulch when throwing out the back of the hopper compared to the regular blades from Walker? When I use the No-catch deflector the grass looks like it gets cut once and is sucked up. Would these blades get a chance to mulch the debris or does the blower just suck it up before it gets a chance to chop it up. Also how much does the 52" deck cost with a mulch kit and what would the shipping run me over here on Kauai. The price quote on those blades shipped would that be the same going to Hawaii? Anyone else use the mechanical deck lift? Do you use it to prevent scalping on rolling contours and uneven terrain?

Thanks,
Kevin

captdevo
10-21-2002, 02:42 PM
if you have room for guests......FREE Delivery....lol

the blades would be $53 for a pair delivered priority mail. they definately reduce clippings on the grasses i cut here at 3-4".

the deck, i'd have to check, but i really wouldn't want to step on your dealers toes....

let me know,

Thanks, Dave

Green Mtn. Guy
10-21-2002, 03:43 PM
No dealer on this Island. I've been having to work with the distributer at the other end of the Island chain on th Big Island. Lots of phone calls......I guess you could consider me a rep for this Island since I spent a huge amount of time and research to get a machine sent to the Island of Kauai. Like I said before mine is the only one on this Island. There are not too many Walkers on the Hawaiian Islands. There is one dealer over here and he sells exmark and what ever you would want but not Walkers, his prices are very high. A Lazer HP costs as much as my Walker did. I specialize in highend beachfront accounts. This is where my Walker really makes the difference. Leafs drop all year round over here. We can get a cold front and the trees drop their leafs then in a couple of days it's like summer again. We also have the TradeWinds which keep the Island pretty windy and the leafs a flyin. I'll email you Dave when I'm ready to order those blades.

Thanks,
Kevin