PDA

View Full Version : Play Grounds

williamslawn
10-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Has anyone designed or built any commercial playgrounds for any commercial sites? I have a church requesting a design and quote on building one. Any information would be very helpful.

Guido
10-20-2002, 05:55 PM
Will you be building your own play equipment or buying pre-built and assembling it yourself, etc etc??

I would first decide what type and how much playground equipment will be bought, and where you will buy it.

Once you have the dimensions of the equipment, and what the customer wants, it will be a lot easier to plan out the site.

dan deutekom
10-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Be very careful with this. The liabilities for this type of work can be terrible. Play structures must be designed to set standards to prevent injury to the kids. I would definitly use manufactured play equipmen and even then I would think twice about this type of work. Do your research.

paul
10-20-2002, 06:31 PM
We do installs of this type of equipment, be very carefull. Most manufactors of commerical play equipment require you to attend classes on installation. Your insurance does not cover this type of install your looking at problems down the line.

Now to find commerical equipment try here http://www.landscapestructures.com
http://www.ltcps.com/

greenman
10-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Yeah I do it, by subcontracting.

paul
10-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Don't think that by sub contracting that your insurance will cover any problems. Be very carefull with this type of work.

greenman
10-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by paul
Don't think that by sub contracting that your insurance will cover any problems. Be very carefull with this type of work.

How does insurance have anything to do with subcontracting out construction work?

paul
10-21-2002, 12:11 AM
It's not the construction work but the installation of play ground equipment. Are you covered by the sub contractors insurance? Do you have the right coverage so that if some child is hurt because the playground wasn't installed right your covered? Are you a ceritified inspector of play ground equipment? Are you sure that the installation meets ADA standards?

greenman
10-21-2002, 12:19 AM
Gotcha, paul. Thanks.