PDA

View Full Version : Snow is panicing my fall cleanup customers!

ranger520
10-20-2002, 10:25 PM
This snow today has all my fall clean ups in a up roar. I do not know what they want me to do about it, most of there leavs have not droped yet, If I go do it early they will be angry when I have to come back when the rest of there leaves drop. Hard to tell them it is still going to get warm. Oct 20 is to early for snow.

scott

hustlers
10-20-2002, 11:54 PM
same up here in brainerd MN snow snow havent even
barely started fall cleanups and im leaving for
florida on Nov 10, so i gonna have to bust out
about 80 cleanups in 2 weeks if there isnt snow otherwise
it will be one heck of a spring

gravedigger5
10-21-2002, 01:40 AM
80 cleanups in 2 weeks :dizzy: Man, if you gotta do all those cleanups by yourself you'll spend all your time in Florida recuporating. Hope you have help. :D and enjoy your trip. Marc

Wesley's Lawn
10-21-2002, 01:40 AM
Yea i know what you guys mean being in MN and trying to run a lawn biz is a pita because it could be 60 deg. one day and snow the next but you know its MN the weathers always screwed up.
I hate it when the weather changes so fast Friday i just bought a new hydro and wanted to break it in this weekend but i only got to use it two days then it snowed :mad: But what can ya do.

Wesley's Lawn

ranger520
10-21-2002, 03:28 AM
Looks like it should be in the 50's by the end of the week. We will get our usual indian summer. On my accounts, most of the maples and the oaks have not even turned yet. I am guessing another two weeks.

MOW ED
10-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Its snowing here in Green Bay today the 21'st but I am not worried at all. Its a nice day to take a break and think how it will be in another month and a half.
Most of the trees are still real full and the real clean up wont start til next week. Gives me a little surfin time.

Gravely_Man
10-21-2002, 01:01 PM
I wish you could send the snow down this way. Last year we only got one snowfall and it was huge. It was an entire ¼ of an inch. That's right ¼ inch. Gosh I miss the snow from my childhood.

Gravely_Man

Esby
10-21-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm in the same boat. I've already had several customers call wondering when there leaves are going to get cleaned up. Well, thats a little difficult when there's 5 inches of snow covering them. Pray for some warm weather, and DRY weather. If only every fall was like the 2001 fall. That was perfect, so dry-for so long. The leaves just turned to dust with the mulch kit on. We didn't even get a good snow fall until Christmas. In my eyes, thats just fine. Less snow makes for better ice conditions for fishing too:D !

crew
10-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Amen brother esby.

LLMSERVICE
10-21-2002, 11:43 PM
I did a clean up yesterday.

Long story short, most of the snow had already melted but I still had some on the ground in the shade. I used the blower to clean off the snow and dry out the yard. Worked great.

We're right on Lake Superior so the winter weather can be odd as the lake temperature has an effect on the shoreline. On one end of town, we had a couple of inches, than drive across the city and there's nothing.

sirsweatsalot
10-22-2002, 01:19 AM
hey hustler i have 150 to do in two weeks and no florida in the cards, we got 6 done today! really slow going! how is all that snow going for you, you got last night?

Ryan Lightning
10-22-2002, 01:46 AM
It got a little hot here today! And whats this snow stuff you guys keep talking about? :p

sirsweatsalot
10-22-2002, 02:07 AM
fridays suppose to be a warm one here too 40! compared to 30 for a high and teens the lows..