PDA

View Full Version : Cinch Bugs Seem To Be Hungry

Hineline
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I have two yards that are side by side that I took on this year. The one had lost about 40% of the back yard last summer and I renovated and completely overseeded it this spring and took over the treatments. The neighbor told me she also had trouble in the back yard last year also. I had suspected insect damage on both counts and today I showed up for applications and both of them were being attacked by cinch bugs. Luckily the only damage to the 10K renovation was a couple 6" spots but it has some great nutrition in the soil and has been watered heavily for the last month. Other parts of both yards have more severe damage. Anyone else seeing cinch bug damage right now?

Ric
07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
I have two yards that are side by side that I took on this year. The one had lost about 40% of the back yard last summer and I renovated and completely overseeded it this spring and took over the treatments. The neighbor told me she also had trouble in the back yard last year also. I had suspected insect damage on both counts and today I showed up for applications and both of them were being attacked by cinch bugs. Luckily the only damage to the 10K renovation was a couple 6" spots but it has some great nutrition in the soil and has been watered heavily for the last month. Other parts of both yards have more severe damage. Anyone else seeing cinch bug damage right now?

Hineline

Sounds like you need to recommend a good Lawn Pest Control company to your lawn mowing customer.

Hineline
07-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Um........the only lawn I mow is my own. I know a guy that treated it and then applied his own custom blended product that he painstakingly mixes 1000 lbs at a time with knowledge he gained over a lifetime and more importantly being an agronomic consultant to the golf industry, running his NIRS lab providing tissue testing, looking at greens, talking to superintendents and writing nutritional programs. Other than that the guy is a real dweeb. lol!

Ric
07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Um........the only lawn I mow is my own. I know a guy that treated it and then applied his own custom blended product that he painstakingly mixes 1000 lbs at a time with knowledge he gained over a lifetime and more importantly being an agronomic consultant to the golf industry, running his NIRS lab providing tissue testing, looking at greens, talking to superintendents and writing nutritional programs. Other than that the guy is a real dweeb. lol!

Hineline

All those credentials aren't worth squat if the lawn is dieing. Please re-read my first post for the solution.