PDA

View Full Version : Imprelis Damage on Honey Locust Trees

31bro
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey guys I believe I am seeing a lot of damage on Locust Trees where we have sprayed Imprelis. It's only the trees that are in the turf. The trees in islands and in big mulch beds are fine. At first I thought it was mites or even it was the scale but this is not the case. Anyone else seeing this?

31bro
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
162 views and know one else has seen this? Thanks for the help guys

Mark Oomkes
07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Pics?????????

31bro
07-07-2011, 05:52 PM
cant figure out how to upload pics

RigglePLC
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Click "Go advanced". Write a note. Then scroll down to "Manage attachments". Click "browse" and find your pic on your computer. Double click it. Click upload; click "close this window"; click "preview"; "Post message". Done.
We are waiting for Honey locust pictures.

31bro
07-08-2011, 09:13 AM
The upload keeps telling me its failed. Any Suggestions?

Bgaz
07-08-2011, 09:21 AM
There is a hospital called Drake Hospital in Hartwell Ohio where every honeylocust tree on the front property looks like they have a date with a chainsaw. All leaves are changed color, looks like the first week of fall. If I go past it again, I will take a pic.

Bgaz
07-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Pictures from today, even the turf looks dead in the island beds.

kbrashears
07-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, I need some imprellis then. Our old hay fields are overrun with them.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherhomeowner
07-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Bgaz-Are you sure imprelis was applied? The only reason I ask is because I see a pine tree in the second picture and it looks healthy.

dutchhook
09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
looks like the top picture in your post. branches and twigs twisted. Were you able to get confirmation that Honey Locusts are susceptible?
Thanks much,
Steve
I can post or send pics if you want.

RigglePLC
09-14-2011, 10:46 PM
31Bro,
sometimes an upload fails because the photo is too big. Crop it or reduce it to about 150 k. Sometimes it says "upload failed" when actually it was fine. Site needs a little fixing.

Set your camera to medium or detail or less. Or use your cell phone.

Some of those islands look rather dry--non irrigated--I am thinking. Was it hot in July? LOL!

Look for curling, twisting, distortion, and drawstring effects on the leaves--not just brown.

RigglePLC
09-14-2011, 10:52 PM
31Bro,
sometimes an upload fails because the photo is too big. Crop it or reduce it to about 150 k. Sometimes it says "upload failed" when actually it was fine. Site needs a little fixing.

Set you camera to medium or detail or less. Or use your cell phone.

countryclublawnllc
09-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I have seen imprelis damage to honeylocust in the southeastern MI area. However, this showed up in June-July, and I would say what I see in the pictures is different from the imprelis damage I seen on the locusts. looks more like droughy conditions is causing an early color change in those trees. Although maybe the imprelis is contributing to it as well. Be sure and document it and have all records ready, Dupont is sending out representatives to check oout sites over the next month.

John

fire126
09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I work at a forest preserve in IL. that has three golf courses. Two used the herb. and both have damage on the pines, spruce, and all the honeylocust in areas that the turf was sprayed. This week Dupont sent an arborist from davey tree and a company to take inventory of every tree that shows damage. Next we have to wait and see how much they will pay. The pines and the spruce show more damage. The honeylocust show the terminal buds that are dead or deformed on some braches and the leaves look curled like leaf hopper damage.

boisephc
09-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Eriophyid Mites ?