PDA

View Full Version : PG Magnum hour meter flashes 'Lube'

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Had my PG Mag hour meter flashing the RPM's intermittently with the readout 'Lube'. I would assume that this means that I need to check the engine oil level, correct (I do not have the full manual for the machine unfortunately).
Weird thing is, I checked the oil before I started my day and the level was adequate. Is this readout perhaps a reminder to change the oil in the machine?
I do need to do that, BUT the oil level is NOT low.

I am not understanding this, pls help if you can.

DA

sweetjetskier
07-06-2011, 07:29 PM
The "lube" is a reminder like you thought.
It will go back to just total hours / rpm's after maybe a couple hours of run time, I don't remember exactly.

You can download the owners and parts manuals for the machine on PG's website.
Posted via Mobile Device

AuburnHort2005
07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
They're "pre-programed" to pop up messages like that. You should also grease the fittings on the machine. I doubt there is a sensor in the engine that detects oil life. If there is, these things need to come with air conditioning and heat on the next model.

RigglePLC
07-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Freaked me out the first time I saw that. Went and bought a quart of oil right away. But those guys are right; it is just a timer--it does not check the oil for you. But Honda's oil minder is better--some models will not start if the oil is low.

indyturf
07-06-2011, 10:54 PM
it will flash every 50 hrs to remind you to change the oil and grease the fittings. you can download a manual at the Permagreen website.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys this helps a bunch. It worked too, did grease er up tonight.

I need to get a manual downloaded, like, yesterday too.

Miles4767
07-20-2011, 08:52 PM
I picked up the triumph this year and it does the same thing. freaked me out the first time it came up. but just greased everything and checked all the levels. Still is annoying that it will keep blinking lube for a few more hours though..