PDA

View Full Version : Kill centipede in Bermuda

tommcafee
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I have a customer that has a good bit of centipede coming through their Bermuda. We have tried pulling the centipede, which has only encouraged it to grow that much faster. What chemical can I use to knock this stuff out?

Think Green
07-06-2011, 07:59 PM
corsair
Illoxan
monument
pronamide
revolver

Take your pick and do some searches for cost and application rates.

clemsonturf
07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
sounds like you need to call a professional.

eball1
07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
To be honest, where I work there is a way to promote the Bermuda turf. The best defense against something you don't want in your lawn is a thick healthy lawn. I would promote the Bermuda with probably a high nitrogen fertilizer because Bermuda can handle a lot of nitrogen where Centipede can't because nitrogen promotes color and that's where Bermuda gets the dark green color and you can see that the centipede is more of a light green color. Both are great turfs and they do well mixed in a lawn there is just going to be a different color, but if you really want to get rid of the Centipede I would suggest putting something down that will promote the Bermuda more than the Centipede and it will eventually choke the Centipede out because bermuda grows faster. Although both are very aggressive turf types.

tommcafee
07-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Will give revolver a try. Thanks for the quick response!

eball1
07-07-2011, 11:25 AM
lol no problem. Just happy to help