PDA

View Full Version : PG Mag Ball Valve feels stiff

DA Quality Lawn & YS
07-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Had an issue today with my spray trigger handle on my Mag. The flow of spray would not shut off fast like it usually does, it seemed to just toggle down slowly over 4-5 seconds or so. Not acceptable.

Looked into it tonight, and found that the ball valve where the trigger is hooked up feels very stiff, like it is gummed up or something. For now, I increased the tension on the spring to pull it back harder, but that is not a permanent solution obviously, just enough to get me by on a few lawns.

My question is this, should I just replace that ball valve or is it worth taking off and trying to clean out? I am not usually one to be cheap and try and get old parts to work 100% again - I'll just order a part if need be.

Thx

Laner
07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I just noticed my PG magnum started doing that today. I am planning to disassemble and clean the entire machine thoroughly. But haven't looked at the valve closely yet. Let me know what you find.
Posted via Mobile Device

bflower
07-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I have a ball valve in my spare parts kit, yet havent needed it. have replaced cables every other year though. they seem to seize up even with regular lube intervals. I would check the cable first. a cable and valve is far cheaper than the shrub you toast when your spray gets stuck on!