PDA

View Full Version : Belgard 3pc Dublin soldier course

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm doing a pond/patio design for some customers and she wants the Belgard dublin 3pc paver in Fossil Beige. What have you guy's used for the soldier course? The only Dublin paver I can buy for the SC is the 9x9 which usually would be fine, but this is a very small area and has some TIGHT curves. I know I don't have to have a SC, but it will look better for this area.

CALandscapes
07-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Run all 3 pieces in a sailor course (length-wise, on end) -- big small medium big small medium etc etc

If you look at our website I'm pretty sure we have some pictures of the Belgard 3-piece with that sailor course...

-Chase

DVS Hardscaper
07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Chase - I think you mean "string course". Meaning the pavers are in a line like a string.

DVS Hardscaper
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm doing a pond/patio design for some customers and she wants the Belgard dublin 3pc paver in Fossil Beige. What have you guy's used for the soldier course? The only Dublin paver I can buy for the SC is the 9x9 which usually would be fine, but this is a very small area and has some TIGHT curves. I know I don't have to have a SC, but it will look better for this area.

you can't get 6x6's at all? 6x6 and 6x9 are both rather popular sizes.

zedosix
07-08-2011, 12:11 AM

I believe we call that one "paleo-modular" up here. I have used it countless times and we always just used the 3 random pieces in a soldier course. The 9" are nice but I agree they are a bit large for tight radius curves.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-08-2011, 01:30 AM
you can't get 6x6's at all? 6x6 and 6x9 are both rather popular sizes.
, No we only can get 3pc layers or full cubes from our Belgard dealers.

I believe we call that one "paleo-modular" up here. I have used it countless times and we always just used the 3 random pieces in a soldier course. The 9" are nice but I agree they are a bit large for tight radius curves.

That with a couple above idea's will work. I was just looking for more of a traditional soldier course, but I'm liking the random soldier course.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Chase - I think you mean "string course". Meaning the pavers are in a line like a string.

It's called a sailor course here as well.

xtreem3d
07-08-2011, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE=STL Ponds and Waterfalls;4087641]No we only can get 3pc layers or full cubes from our Belgard dealers.

That's one thing that stinks about our Belgard dealers for sure !!! If i go to Sonnenberg in Il i can get any size i want and as many as i want but they don't carry Belgard anymore. They claim they have a "mad scientist" mixing the colors so they discontinued them hehe

robtown
07-08-2011, 09:26 PM
If you are using there hatch pattern you will be left with more 6x6 than anything else. Good luck