PDA

View Full Version : I have a big problem and i need your guys expert help

yeayea14
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I have a major drainage problem in my back yard, my yard is a slope and a pretty steep one at that its eroding around my concrete patio which holds my deck that is two stories up and also around my other concrete walk ways in my back yard.

I do not offer hardscaping services and have never done it but since it my home i want to attempt to build a 4 ft retaining wall i guess it would really be 6-7 foot with the depth of the trench. My father has worked construction for years and has done a few retaining walls in his life but never with ep henry.

I want to know which wall system would be best and how to go about this and do it the correct way.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks, Paul

DVS Hardscaper
07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Sounds like you need a real retaing wall, not a decorative EP Henry wall.

I'm a Cornerstone wall block guy. Easy to work with. Pictures might enable some us experts to offer you some thoughts.

Posted via Mobile Device

scagrider22
07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I like to use Allan Block Europa, it is very easy to work with and each block is one sq' so installation goes very fast. As long as its not near a road or parking lot they are very durable. If you are looking for a cheaper block the Allan BLock AB Classic is almost half the price but they are not as durable as the Europa Dover.

yeayea14
07-10-2011, 08:01 PM
DVS yes i need a real retaining wal lol nothing decorative will fix my problem and i will get you pics ASAP

Scag rider - Thanks for the input and its not near a road or parking lot it's my back yard im having a serious problem with erosions we had a storm 3 days ago that swept away a good six inches of dirt and every time be have a bad storm there's always 3-6 inches of erosion this year alone i probably lost a good foot to foot and a half of dirt

Fordsuvparts
07-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Keystone also make a nice srw that uses fiberglass pins and is fairly easy to put up. Sounds like drainage will be your biggest problem, What size pipes are you going to use, 12" or larger with a few surface drains. Don't under size your drainage go with a step bigger pipe than you think you will ever need.

This not the best looking wall but it is one that I built for my own house.
All Keystone Compact with standard units for the steps. This wall system has 175 Tons of gravel under it and behind it. With a ton of drainage and extra geogrid.