PDA

View Full Version : Retaining wall on soft, wet ground.

BrendonTW
07-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Trying to explore options for a customers bar ditch running parallel to the street at the front of their property. This area stays wet for the most part and is wet by spring. The thing would only be maybe 3 feet high on both sides. Another option would be to install a 2.5 foot tin-horn and fill over with soil and sod it. Wanting to explore the wall option first.

Anyone have some input for me on how to go about considering this? Not sure how the base and back fill and drainage should be modified to be installed in a damp area.

Budlightshooter
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Boulder wall

DVS Hardscaper
07-11-2011, 10:51 PM
You need to figure out the source of
The water and route the water away.

Posted via Mobile Device

BrendonTW
07-13-2011, 04:18 AM
When I said it is wet by spring, I meant it is spring-fed. It stays wet almost year round because it's spring fed. It's exceptionally dry right now around here and it's finally dried up for the most part.

Stillwater
07-13-2011, 11:32 AM
oh hell forget the wall in this location you are running with the street you will never die-vert the water just grade off on a angle and just lay down rip-rap for a revetment and call it good

DVS Hardscaper
07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Yep, I understood the spring part. We Had this problem before ourselves....after we built the wall. We used lun-drain to route the water away.

Did the trick.

Posted via Mobile Device