PDA

View Full Version : dry stacked flagstone

nightshutter
07-10-2011, 02:37 AM
can dray stacked flagstone be used as a retaining wall? the wall would be 3-4 ft tall. if this makes sense, standing at ground level if the slope was straight up and down it would be about 9-11 ft tall :dizzy: also can dry stacked go along steps up a hill? It usally used on flat surfaces for flower beds.

in the location now are some poorly done rocks. Big boulders would be good but there is no access for a mini x or skid. The only access is a small set of stairs that are 3 ft wide. everything has to be carried in by hand.

This pic is what im talking about

4 seasons lawn&land
07-10-2011, 10:57 AM
for no access with equipment to do something better. Why not leave whats there, looks okay.

nightshutter
07-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh the pic is the type of dry stack I'm talking about. The wall im talking about has railroad ties and smaller mismatching rock.
Posted via Mobile Device

nightshutter
07-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Any ideas or sugestions for something different would be good. There is a flagstone patio right next to this wall
Posted via Mobile Device

Stillwater
07-10-2011, 02:29 PM
can dray stacked flagstone be used as a retaining wall? the wall would be 3-4 ft tall.

Yes...............

nightshutter
07-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I know it can be stacked that high but i have only seen it with raised bed or a small hill. The hill is pretty steep behind the wall. I just want to make sure.

4 seasons lawn&land
07-10-2011, 08:25 PM
YOu can stack it as high as you want as long as you keep increasing the width.