PDA

View Full Version : New soluble organic fertilizers

Bluefin
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Believe it or not, there are several new, this year, soluble organic fertilizers and liquids that are up to 15% N.

ICT Bill
07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Believe it or not, there are several new, this year, soluble organic fertilizers and liquids that are up to 15% N.

can you tell me some of the ingredients on the label? I would guess some of them are meat meal, feather meal, not considered organic by the USDA
but there is no governing body for landscapes so I guess you can call it whatever you want

we don't play the N game
Here is a property in southern florida, 10 to 11 month season and it has only had 1/30 of a pound of N per 1000 sq ft for the entire season
go here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=328680

Bluefin
07-10-2011, 03:26 PM
We don't play the N game either but the ease of application as either liquid or granular that is soluble along with the ability to foliar feed and elicit an SAR response is certainly a plus. We can apply as a liquid spray or granular application for a very rapid response...in the order of how urea applications react. Base materials in these blends/mixes are not meat or feather. They are variations of L-lysine, several different soluble grain/seed flours and corn processing waste. They are either patented or patent pending. Very, very low levels of N needed.

Smallaxe
07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Organics are more imortant for soil building and holding onto nutrients than it is feeding the grasses... My opinion of a 15% soluable fertilizer is that it will be used to grow 'real thatch' as quickly as synthetics and do little or nothing to benefit the soil...