PDA

View Full Version : 85 deg F plus .Ideal Cool season Mix.

GrandMaster
07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Ideal Cool season Mix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats the favorite mix for your guys KGB and fescue lawns. Note for temps above 80 F.

1. Straight feed mix.

2. Feed and weed kill.

3. Feed and grassy weed kill.

4. Non grass areas.

Mine are

1. 0.3 lbs N / 3.5 oz Iron / Li700 / per k.

2. 0.3 lbs N / 2 oz Iron / 1 oz 3 way or 4 / Li700 / Per k.

3. 0.3 lbs N / 2 oz Iron / 1.5 oz Quin /Sometimes spiked with octane SC./ Li700 per k

4. 2% per k Gly. spiked with octane or 3 way. / Dish soap

newlymowedlawns
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Ive been wanting to experiment as well. I do the Lesco pre em apps but this time of year alot of my lawns seem like they need something else. I have a permagreen but of course it wont spray iron. Need to get me a tank sprayer I guess.

newlymowedlawns
07-12-2011, 07:07 PM
cant believe no one else has posted. Id like to know more about keeping the lawns somewhat green after the 2nd round of pre em has worn off.

vaacutabove
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I have started to add feature pro not sure bout results yet. What iron are you using
Posted via Mobile Device

GrandMaster
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I have started to add feature pro not sure bout results yet. What iron are you using
Posted via Mobile Device

Sprint 138 chellated or quick green liquid.

If there is good irragation when temps around 85+ ill use up to 1lb N per K and 4 oz iron with some potash muraite water that in heavy the same day the darkest green around makes ture green look like there using water only! LOL :weightlifter: Never burned a lawn in my life. I watch guys spray and I see why they burn lawns they soak the shiz out of the grass and overlap like 5 times

vaacutabove
07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Groundmaster where do you get it and round what price u can pm me if need be. What kind of grass
Posted via Mobile Device

newlymowedlawns
07-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I have some that are irrigated I wish you could spray for me. LOL. What about non irrigated lawns. Just to try and keep some green in them.
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
07-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Not enough nitrogen to satisfy me. Although I used to use more in cool weather than hot weather. I don't like fert burn. I often switched to dry fert in hot weather so I could apply almost a pound of slow release mixture even in hot weather.

GrandMaster
08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Groundmaster where do you get it and round what price u can pm me if need be. What kind of grass
Posted via Mobile Device

I can get it for 75 a 1 lb bag. Retails for 109 or so.

GrandMaster
08-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I have some that are irrigated I wish you could spray for me. LOL. What about non irrigated lawns. Just to try and keep some green in them.
Posted via Mobile Device

WIN nitrogen or high slow relese formula. Get some ironite in the bag form from costco or hdepot put it down heavy it will do wonders.

vaacutabove
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Grounds who is you get it from?
Posted via Mobile Device

GrandMaster
08-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Grounds who is you get it from?
Posted via Mobile Device

Grounds I assume your asking me grandmaster???

I get most of my goods from IFA intermountain farmers. They will cut lessco by 15% or better.