PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the in tank screen within your Solo back pack sprayer??

ChicagoLawn
07-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Hello,

Anyone know how to clean the inner screen(inlet point) located near the base of a Solo back pack sprayer (inside the tank). It seems that much build up occurs within a few days which basically leads to no pressure at the spray tip.

Thank you very much in advance!

Joe

bflower
07-11-2011, 07:28 PM
pouring a gallon of hot water in and shaking for a minute or so seems to free mine up. just unplugged one this morning- beats disassembly! sure you did but be sure and regularly clean screen at end of wand as well.

ChicagoLawn
07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Ok, I can see how hot water can work. Have you ever removed the screen at the botom of the tank? Im just curious to see if there is a fool proof way to remove/clean/reinstall the screen to get back to work in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Joe

bflower
07-11-2011, 07:47 PM
never needed too - hot water always has worked. Seems like most clogging is due to gummed up surfactants, settling material and foreign material building up.

JCLawn and more
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
got an idea, I don't have one, but take your tip off and hold down your trigger and blow water through it backwards. Should work.