PDA

View Full Version : Please comment on our new pictures...

JimLewis
10-22-2002, 05:28 AM
Hi all, We recently posted some new pictures on our website. Both in the "Before and After" section and in the "Samples of our Work" section. Unfortunately, I am still not very good at getting good "Before and Afters" but I managed to get a few this season. Many of the jobs we did didn't make it to the web site.

Anyway, Could you please take a look around (click on web site link below and then click on Pictures) and tell me which pictures are most impressive. I'd like to place the most impressive ones near the top and the least impressive near the last.

Also feel free to comment on the layout if you feel it needs improvement. But if so, please write your suggestion as to how to improve it as well.

Thanks all for your time!

Darryl G
10-22-2002, 05:51 AM
Jim - There's something wrong with your site. All I can see is home, service areas and part of barkdusting on your navigation menu. There is a red box blocking the rest of the menu.

Darryl

JimLewis
10-22-2002, 05:58 AM
Hmmmm. Well, that's odd. I just checked it out on both the newest versions of Netscape and I.E. and it comes up perfectly. It may be you're using an old or non-standard browser???

For the rest of you - let me know if you experience these same problems. I can't find any on my end.

JimLewis
10-22-2002, 05:59 AM
Here is a page with some more Before and After pictures that didn't make it to the web site because we thought they weren't impressive enough or because they were redundant.

Do you think I should include any of these on the web site?

http://www.cybcon.com/~jimlewis/Photos.html

mdb landscaping
10-22-2002, 08:50 AM
All the pictures look great. Ive let you know before how good your website looks and those pictures just add to it. Looks very professional.

bruces
10-22-2002, 09:39 AM
Nice portfolio - I don't know that I have any favorites. They all look good.
You've got a very impressive web site.

LAWnENFORCER
10-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Jim,

Your site looks good and shows your professionalism. As far as the pic's, I would put section 6(my favorite) as your first photo.

Kevin

Envy Lawn Service
10-22-2002, 10:30 AM
The website looks great. the before and afters are amazing. I'm very impressed! I wish I had thought of doing this! The only thing I would change is to move location 6 up to say location 3. I think you're short selling that one a bit leaving it for last. But then again, as I type this I'm thinking the 1st 2 locations give good 1st impressions and the 6th leaves a lasting impression. Maybe that's what you intended and maybe it should be left alone.

What do the rest of you all think???

Anyways, how much work was it to get that site up? It looks like you have a lot of work in it. I think folks are going to be really impressed!

JimLewis
10-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Anyways, how much work was it to get that site up? Well, it's been a work in progress for 3-4 years now. I don't know how to quantify how much time we've spent on it. It's just something I continue to work on when I have the time.

rkbrown
10-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Very nice work, Jim. Excellent pics.

Mykster
10-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Great pictures Jim.

Scraper
10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Nice pictures Jim. I would use them on your site. One thing to note is you should try to be as close as possible in picture angle in before and afters. For the most part, yours are pretty close.

Off topic question...I was perusing your website and noticed you give a discount of 2 months for a year prepaid. Has this hurt your bottom line? Just seems like quite an offer. Are most of your lawns small like the ones pictured? I just couldn't imagine giving away two months free service to a two acre residential at $90+/cut just for paying a year in advance. If they were $20-30 lawns which took 20 minutes to do I could see offering something like that, but probably not as generous as you. ;)

JimLewis
10-22-2002, 04:51 PM
Scraper; No. That offer doesn't hurt us at all. In fact, I love having a big lump sum dumped in my lap all at once. We have about 8 customers who do this so about every other month or so one of their accounts is due for a big lump payment. It's nice.

But I can afford to do it 1) Because our lawns are small around here (and the profit margin is higher than on larger lawns) 2) We only offer year-round service and get paid the same all year, even though our service drops off substantially during winter months. So our winter months are extremely profitable based on how much time we're spending there.

MJStrain
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Nice site. I've looked at your before and afters before. It was nice of the owner to paint his house for your shots. Really makes your work impressive. I like the first and last sets best.

kppurn
10-23-2002, 12:00 AM
Excellent work!
They all look great.