PDA

View Full Version : wash hands

RigglePLC
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I always used to carry liquid soap and a special one-quart hand sprayer with clean water to wash my hands before lunch and after using the 12 ounce "facilities". Towel hangs over the back of the seat. Wash water required by law in some states. Easier than driving around looking for a running sprinkler head.

What do you guys use to wash your hands?

johnroscoe
07-12-2011, 05:42 PM
The cans of Gojo wipes are amazing, really do a great job of getting everything off.

GrandMaster
07-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I always used to carry liquid soap and a special one-quart hand sprayer with clean water to wash my hands before lunch and after using the 12 ounce "facilities". Towel hangs over the back of the seat. Wash water required by law in some states. Easier than driving around looking for a running sprinkler head.

dish soap and water.

jbturf
07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
fresh water tank in trailer, 40 psi on demand, squeeze trigger and wash,
and have paper towel dispenser mounted under cabinet and
pump soap dispenser by door

gee i must wash my hands 10 times a day,
especially days like today your hands turn to soup
inside of gloves-- plus i squirt my face down with the
cool fresh water

cgaengineer
07-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I use spit!

Seriously I try to wash my hands several times per day at customers homes.

ChicagoLawn
07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Here is what I use....

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wet-ones-fresh-scent-antibacterial-hands-%26-face-wipes/ID=prod18607-product

Actually, I prefer the lime/lemon scented wipes.

Almost after every application (especially now that it's hot and sweating is a constant)
- One wipe removed
- Start with my forehead, face, etc.
- Hands
- Finish off with my steering wheel, dash board, door handle or whatever.

My goal is to not drop(waste) a dirty still damp towel to the passenger side floor unless I have "maximized every wet towell" until blackened or dry.

greendoctor
07-13-2011, 04:36 AM
I wash my hands before even getting back in the truck at the hose bibb. Gloves and spray boots are washed off on the lawn or labeled usage site for the product in question. Forget about washing gloves or boots on the lawn if Oust or Sahara was being applied.

GrandMaster
07-14-2011, 05:24 PM
:dizzy:I wash my hands before even getting back in the truck at the hose bibb. Gloves and spray boots are washed off on the lawn or labeled usage site for the product in question. Forget about washing gloves or boots on the lawn if Oust or Sahara was being applied.

Most of this stuff really dont bother me much anymore... Still I respect herbicides etc but washing and double glovein is a pita I chew all day and wash before eating and when done than shower. My couz will roll in fertilizer all day long with shorts no gloves etc and I think he now is growing a 3rd eye on his calf:dizzy::hammerhead::confused::nono:

BocaChris
07-14-2011, 07:26 PM
JDL sells Instant Soap and Water, comes in a can, comes out as a foam then rubbed together turns to liquid. It works great IMO

greendoctor
07-15-2011, 03:54 AM
:dizzy:

Most of this stuff really dont bother me much anymore... Still I respect herbicides etc but washing and double glovein is a pita I chew all day and wash before eating and when done than shower. My couz will roll in fertilizer all day long with shorts no gloves etc and I think he now is growing a 3rd eye on his calf:dizzy::hammerhead::confused::nono:

I do more than lawn weed control. So the type of products I am handling makes me that much more cautious. Heard too many accounts of the old timers not respecting what they were handling dying early. I am one of the few applicators in my state. Suspect that there would be more if not for Dursban twitch, Dieldrin dementia or Tersan tumors wiping out the old timers.

Buck_wheat
07-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Soap & water @ the hose bib... or water jugs...

Runner
07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I carry an igloo cooler full of water and have a bottle of Dawn handy. I do wish I had a spigot that locked open, though...like the ones on the large coffee urns.

RigglePLC
07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree Runner,
We all need a water container where you can open the spigot with your foot or elbow so you can rub your hands together as you wash and rinse.

greendoctor
07-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I used some collapsable water carriers intended for camping to transport water when I had to spray a bare ground site far from running water. The spigot on those is quarter turn to open, allowing me to use the orange hand scrub, then rinse under running water. Those water carriers even get warm if left in the sun, so I am washing with warm water.

Young Bros
07-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I got a sprayland 2.5 or 3 gallon tank. It has places on the side for bolts to go in. Push or pull water spicket on the bottom. It has the round twist on lid with the breather in the middle. My bro uses an igloo cooler. We carry little gojo's with.

americanlawn
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
We carry a roll of paper towels in every truck. Summer = wiping off sweat. Winter (snow plowing) = blowing our noses. Do a search on hand/face soap -- you will see an LD-50 toxicity report on each one. my 2 cents

Runner
07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I used some collapsable water carriers intended for camping to transport water when I had to spray a bare ground site far from running water. The spigot on those is quarter turn to open, allowing me to use the orange hand scrub, then rinse under running water. Those water carriers even get warm if left in the sun, so I am washing with warm water. This is actually one of the best setups. I thought about this before, and I think you may have just influenced me to do this, now.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
07-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I wear gloves all time