PDA

View Full Version : truck body

cat320
10-22-2002, 09:53 AM
What would be an all around good body to get for mulch,firewood,demo, and dirt.?Regular dump or a modifyed platform?

Gravel Rat
10-22-2002, 11:39 AM
It depends are you going tobe loading pallets of stuff onto the truck with a forklift where you will be loading from the sides if so then I would either suggest a flatdeck with removable sides.

The problem with dumping flatdecks is they are not as ridgid as a dump box so if the load is uneven when dumped you can tweek the bed.

If your going tobe hauling material that you load with a backhoe like dirt mulch etc I would just get a standard dump box it is stronger for hauling dirt. The problem with dump boxes is you can't load pallets of bricks, turf etc easely everything has tobe slid in the end of the box.

I'am looking for a truck I can put a dumping flatdeck on I haul more lumber etc than dirt so I need a forkliftable loaded truck I had a truck with a dump box it was a PITA to load for me. I'am also running a 12x8 deck my previous truck had a 12x7 gravel I need the length for hauling wood.

Good luck

MacLawnCo
10-22-2002, 12:03 PM
You can also get a dump body that has fold down sides. (im assuming that its going on a F350-550 size truck)

cat320
10-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Yes it will be on an F350 i have seen so many different types of bodies on the road but never get a chance to talk to the owners to see if it's working for them they way they thought when they bought it.