PDA

View Full Version : I love these calls

South Florida Lawns
07-12-2011, 04:10 PM
You know when your customer calls you up and is like hey can we ride down to home depot and pick up some flowers and I wanted to get mulch too. Then give me a price on planting it all.

Yeah sweet lets do that and on the way back we can swing by best buy and get your 60" flat screen.

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Haha, yea, I don't do that crap. Go get Juan or Pablo for that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
07-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I've only had one that ever purchased plants and wanted me to pick them up and plant it. Kicked him to the curb right quick. I've got one or two that pick up the stuff and want me to plant it. Nothing major, couple plants here or there, but it still aggravates me. Of course I'm not going to just throw away a decent paying account because of it.

Plantculture
07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Sounds like you need a new line item on your invoice called, procuring, billed at around $80 an hour.

South Florida Lawns
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you need a new line item on your invoice called, procuring, billed at around $80 an hour.

Thats what I'm thinking.

Danscapes
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Whats the problem? If they are a CUSTOMER then your doing work for them anyways........so charge your normal hourly rate and do it while your there the next time.:hammerhead:

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Whats the problem? If they are a CUSTOMER then your doing work for them anyways........so charge your normal hourly rate and do it while your there the next time.:hammerhead:

Bc you make good money on materials and some customers know this and don't feel it's right that you get to make money on the plants. The worst is the people that want you to come over and design them a landscape and tell them all of the plants you will use and you never hear from them again. I only do designs now if the pay for the design up front. Weeds out the jokers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Haha, yea, I don't do that crap. Go get Juan or Pablo for that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris

I hope I project a little more professional image than to be considered the Truck Taxi to Home Cheapo and back.

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Chris

I hope I project a little more professional image than to be considered the Truck Taxi to Home Cheapo and back.

Not sure I follow Ric??
Posted via Mobile Device

rob7233
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Chris

Okay, I'll translate this for you although it's not difficult.

Ric states: that he hope that he promotes a professional image enough NOT to be or have anyone ever consider him a "truck for hire" to Home Depot(or the like) and back.

Is this correct Ric?

Will P.C.
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Most professionals have better things to do with their time than driving around a customer and 'hanging' out with him at Home Cheapo.

I used to do this for neighbors when I was 16. They would give me their debit card and keys to vehicle and I would pick up the flowers. I cannot imagine a real business ever doing this.

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Okay, I'll translate this for you although it's not difficult.

Ric states: that he hope that he promotes a professional image enough NOT to be or have anyone ever consider him a "truck for hire" to Home Depot(or the like) and back.

Is this correct Ric?
I know what he said, and I figured that much, bit I don't know if Ric was joking or being serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I know what he said, and I figured that much, bit I don't know if Ric was joking or being serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris

I am dead serious. I am a Yard Care Professional and hopefully project an image of knowing my stock and trade. I am not a Yard Idiot. One time I drove very good customer to a tree farm where she picked out a memorial Tree to plant in honor of her husband who recently died. But that was a very special thing and healing process for her. I didn't charge her for anything except my guys time to plant the tree. She is still my very good customer and friend. I don't make my friends my customer, But I sure try to make my customers my friend. But I draw the line at having any thing but a Professional relationship.

My Doctor is also a personal friend. Our Kids grew up together and we were neighbors before divorce. I have his cell number on my cell. BUT when in public or his office I only address him with the respect he deserves and his professional title. Why deal with any one you don't have complete faith and trust in??

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Chris

I am dead serious. I am a Yard Care Professional and hopefully project an image of knowing my stock and trade. I am not a Yard Idiot. One time I drove very good customer to a tree farm where she picked out a memorial Tree to plant in honor of her husband who recently died. But that was a very special thing and healing process for her. I didn't charge her for anything except my guys time to plant the tree. She is still my very good customer and friend. I don't make my friends my customer, But I sure try to make my customers my friend. But I draw the line at having any thing but a Professional relationship.

My Doctor is also a personal friend. Our Kids grew up together and we were neighbors before divorce. I have his cell number on my cell. BUT when in public or his office I only address him with the respect he deserves and his professional title. Why deal with any one you don't have complete faith and trust in??
Gotchya. You were just adding to what the OP said?? I didn't know where you were coming from bc you directed your comment at me and I didn't say you werent a pro...just a little confused is all.
Posted via Mobile Device