PDA

View Full Version : Aerator Question

Lawn DOG
10-22-2002, 10:19 AM
Have any of you tried this type of aerator? Looks heavy duty and easy to use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1773621508

I presently use walk behind aerators but it is very time consuming and tiring. Is this the answer I have been looking for?

greenman
10-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Maybe for a golf course. Make sure you use a core aerator, not one that just puts holes in the ground.

KLMlawn
10-22-2002, 12:01 PM
The JRCO "Hooker" aerator is not a bad unit for sandier soils, but I think you will find the consensus of the members on this site to be more in favor of a Core type aerator as opposed to the spoons like the hooker.
If you are looking for a front mount "core" type aerator, then look to Turf Vent by Feldman ... it is a bit pricey, but would be best for long term use vs. initial investment, otherweise perhaps the Plugr w/b might be less tiresome on the body, but you might want to look at "65hoss" 's previous post regarding it and form an opinion from there.

LKNServices
10-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Yes, I have one, and I am not pleased at all. Actually, it's the worst piece of equipment I've ever bought. My dealer talked me into it. He told me something about 2 acres/hr or something like that. It is fast, but turns are hard on the machine & you can't go in reverse. Also, It isn't wide enough for a 60 ztr, and you are always covering up your "tracks" with your tires. And... it breaks all the time. It also throws dirt clods up on the operator. In a nutshell this is not your answer.

Mowwithhustler's
10-23-2002, 08:52 PM
yes it is very messey and it does throw a good plug but it isnt wide enough to cover the hole front radiuse of a 60 inch zero turn its a waste of money its a piece literally